As the year came to close, there was a lot of reflection on how 2013 went. Of course then sitting in Sacrament meeting today a lot of people were reflecting on 2013 and commenting on how great or how not so great 2013 was. I've decided that since it's 2013 I will list 13 things I did or learned in 2013.
1. Driving in snow.... so not my thing! I learned that you don't hit the brakes when you hit a patch of ice...yes this California raised girl did that....it didn't go so well haha
2. Driving 3 hours to the temple is totally worth it... EVERY single time!
3. Living on my own wasn't all it was hyped up to be.... moving in with roomates... totally a better option!
4. Kidney stones really are painful and if anyone says otherwise they obviously don't know what they are talking about.
5. Became an owner of a 2013 Honda CRV and absolutely love it!!!
6. Sent one of my best friends, my cousin Chelsea and my little brother Chad off on missions for the church. (I am currently now writing 5 missionaries ....used to be 7 but two are home and my other cousin gets home in February!).
7. Quality time with family in Utah and Cali over the summer=the best thing ever!!! I love spending time with family!
8. With the help of my roommate/friend who experimented with my hair (and I let her ;)) I was bold this year with colors and had purple and pink in my hair. Everyone said they love it but I think I'm good with it and want to go back to original colors haha.
9. Reading my scriptures and praying daily make my days go by so much easier and better. If I don't I've noticed a huge difference in my day!
10. All those body mechanics in nursing school weren't just a simple read....they are meant for real life. And even though I do bend and move correctly I somehow managed to hurt my back but it's getting better with time and rest and not lifting more than 15 pounds.
11. I took on a new motto this year: Live Every Moment, Laugh Every Day and Love Beyond Words. True words to live by :)
12. New Mexico started to grow on me more.... learned to love and appreciate it more.
13. Spending Christmas in Hawaii with my family was the best ending to the year I could possibly ask for. (Don't worry my Christmas posts will be coming soon!)
2013 in New Mexico is where the Lord wanted me to be. That may be the same for 2014, who knows.... haha I feel like a lot is going to happen this year in 2014 so hopefully it's a year full of fun, laughter and lot's of new things!
My goals for 2014 are:
*Continue to read my scriptures daily
*Attend the temple often and do more temple work for my ancestors
*Take more weekend trips away and try and see family more this year!
*Eat healthy and work out daily
*Strengthen my relationship with family, co-workers and friends
*Continue to trust in the Lord and let him guide me through this life
I love you all who read this and I hope that this year brings you lot's of love, happiness and peace.
Great goals, Kati! Happy New Year! :)
ReplyDelete