Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The end of facebook and the beginning of something new :)

Starting January 1, 2011 I will be deleting my facebook account. For anyone who would like to stay in contact with me, you can reach me here on the blog or at noey04_kt@hotmail.com or of course on my phone (and no I’m not writing that on here).  Sure a blog is not as easy as a facebook page where you can what everybody is up to every few hours but I think I might actually like this blog thing once I get the hang of it. Sure blogs may be going out of style and so what if they are. It’s still a place I can share moments of my life with friends and family. 
It will be hard once I actually delete my account of facebook but those days are so over. Some have asked why I have decided to end my account and I don’t really have a specific answer. I just feel like it’s the right thing to do and so I’m acting upon it. Some think I may not be able to stick it out since I’m on facebook all the time but I’m determined. In order to help with the transition of no facebook I created this blog. 
Well enough about all the info on facebook and blah blah blah... really, I want to write for a moment now about my blog. I created a blog a while ago (like 2 years ago) but I was in Nursing school and never got around to really figuring it out and getting the hang of it. I think it will be better this time around, or at least I hope so. As you can see the title of my blog is “Life is an Adventure Worth Taking”. Honestly it was hard to come up with a title for the blog. A lot of my friends have just their names as their title and while I think it fits their blogs perfectly in a really cute way, I just couldn’t see that with mine. So I sat here thinking, man what should I name it. 
As I was contemplating different blog titles my mind drifted (which it does often lol) and I started thinking about where I’m headed next. Now that nursing school is done, and boards are out of the way all there is left is to get a job. Yep, I’m sending out applications like crazy but I have a feeling I won’t hear anything until after the holidays so I just have to be patient. Anyways, I was just thinking about my life and all the ups and downs and all the wonderful people I have met or that have been by my side through it all and I thought, this is definitely worth it. Everyday is a new adventure for all of us and you know what, it’s all worth it. Every single mistake, happy moment, tears shed, love.....all of it is worth it. 
So I wish all of you the joy in the journey through life. Every single moment is worth it and the ups and downs are just a part of the adventure and it is all worth it. I hope some of you visit my blog. If not, it’s alright, facebook is a bigger thing in people’s lives right now but deleting mine is just the start of a new adventure. It’s something I need to do and I’m happy about it. Those of you who read my blog will still see some of my quotes that I post on facebook a lot and once our kitchen is redone I will start sharing some recipes with you all as well. 
Just remember, Life is an Adventure Worth Taking so take it and enjoy the ride! :)
PS...eventually this is going to be a private blog but I haven’t figured out how to do that yet. So far now, everyone can see but I’m warning you...going private very soon. 

5 comments:

  1. Love it, And the colors are so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just go to Settings>permissions ...but when you do, please invite me because you always have the best things to say!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this... I'm happy you started a blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you. I've thought about leaving Facebook at times too. I love blogging, it's a fun creative outlet and I'm glad to be able to get to know you more through yours now. Sorry we didn't see much of you at Disneyland. Our kids had fun hanging out with you, though. Thanks for helping with them. It's crazy how the days are gone before you know it there (well, anywhere for that matter)!

    ReplyDelete