Strong is a word that I've always thought of in a physical sense. Like a person who can life a ton of weights, they are strong. Or someone who can climb a mountain, strong. But there is another side of this word that I've been trying to grasp this week.
For my job, it's required that we go to a mandatory two week prep class that focuses on our specialty and learn about all the ins and outs. I actually quite love it! It's made me really think a lot about going back to school which I want to do very soon. Anyways, my class consisted of three students including me and the instructor. We just finished week one and I feel like these other three are like family. It's like we've known each other for years and it's just awesome!
So at the beginning of the week we were each telling a little bit about ourselves and where we were from and so on. So of course I told my moving story how I came to be in New Mexico and from California. Didn't think much of it until the next day we went to dinner and one of my new friends said that I was a really strong person. In my mind, I was like what no way! I haven't been to a gym to lift weights and my five pounders at home are small haha. No joke that's what I was thinking. Then she said that it takes a very strong individual to leave her home and move somewhere where she doesn't know anyone and work in a totally different environment.
It's been on my mind all week since. Because really, I don't see the "strong" part of it or at least I didn't. I miss my family like crazy but I love my job and I know that this is where I need to be for now. But I am beginning to see the strength I truly do have. That inner strength is what keeps me going each and every day. That strength is something I think I inherited from my parents. They both have a strength in them that I hope to emulate and I don't mean the physical kind literally. They are both amazing and I'm proud to have a little of that strength in me too. I learned a little more about myself this week. And I made friends for a lifetime. I truly am blessed. I have the Gospel of Christ in my life and I have an amazing support system and a great job and company to work for.
No comments:
Post a Comment