So as most of you know, moving here was a huge step for me. A big one and I took it as a challenge and looked at it as an adventure and it has been quite the adventure. I have had a lot of feelings on my mind the past few weeks and just haven't written them down here.
Today in church we had a lesson in Relief Society on the talk President Uchtdorf gave in October General Conference. It's called, You Matter to Him. I love the talk, it's a good read. You can read it here. My favorite quote of the entire talk is when he says " No matter where you live, no matter how humble your circumstances, how meager your employment, how limited your abilities, how ordinary your appearance, or how little your calling in the Church may appear to you, you are not invisible to your Heavenly Father. He loves you. He knows your humble heart and your acts of love and kindness. Together they form a lasting testimony of your fidelity and faith".
We all have our own conversion stories of the Gospel and part of my conversion as a teenager was understanding that God loves me. I mean I knew he did, and I've always known but as I've gotten a little older, I've come to realize just how much He really does care about me. I think I've grown closer to Him since I've moved here because I truly had no one. I hardly knew a soul when I moved. I was moving on Faith and knowing that God would be with me every step of the way. It was a hard transition for me being away from family and friends. I knew no one here. And there were days when I felt like I was truly alone but those days that thought only last a few seconds because I know that God is ALWAYS with me.
I met someone recently, well since I've moved here who is an amazing woman and is really just so talented. Sadly though, she feels like she isn't good enough and will never measure up to much. We went to dinner and I had a long conversation with her about how she does matter and how she is great and how the right people will see that. The one's that don't, don't matter. She was only here for a short time but I know we will always keep in touch and meet up every now and then. And I am going to share this talk with her. Our Heavenly Father loves each and every one of us! Like President Uchtdorf said, He knows our hearts and our acts of love and kindness. That's what matters. Remember that. And share it with others so they know too that WE MATTER. Our Lord loves us and is there for us no matter what.
No comments:
Post a Comment