Sunday, May 27, 2012

Graduation with a Master's

So a couple of weeks ago I went up to Utah for the first time since moving here. I have to say that I was totally stoked it only took six hours and the drive went by super fast! Now everytime I have a few days off I think a trip to Utah is in store :)

Jeri graduated with her Master's from Southern Utah University so we were in Cedar City for most of the trip but it was so great!

First I drove to Provo and met up with Jeri. Then Jeri, Aaron and I went to Cafe Rio since I've been craving it for months!! :) After dinner we drove down to Cedar City and met my mom and Bret at the hotel. Chad ended up not being able to come due to a baseball game he was playing in at the 66er Stadium that weekend. It was great seeing my mom and Bret again too :)

Friday we went to Zion's National Park and did some hiking. It was GORGEOUS! The weather the perfect, the whole day was great! It was awesome! And I loved taking pictures with my phone haha. I haven't found my camera yet from moving....it's misplaced somewhere. :( I totally can't wait to go back to Zion's again and hike some more it was GREAT!

Saturday was Jeri's Graduation :) We all got ready and then headed over to SUU. After we dropped Jeri off for the line, we went to find seats. What a small world it was to run into Lori Lehnhof and Celine Meador! Brooke, Lori's daughter graduated from SUU in teaching. Brooke is so great and it was so good to see her graduate as well! After graduation we went to lunch at Chili's. Then said bye to Mom and Bret. They drove back to Cali and we drove back up to Provo. Then after a quick rest, Jeri, Aaron and I headed up to Drew and Taylor's for dinner! Sadly I didn't take pictures up there but we had a blast! It was great seeing Drew and Taylor and meeting baby Melia for the first time! And Collin is just a cutie! Love it!

I loved being with family and it was so great! And the drive to Utah was so short I'm hoping to get up there again REALLY soon!!! Here are some pictures of my fun weekend:

Me and my sis ;) 

YAY Graduation!!

Jeri with Bret

Bret thought it would be cool to sleep in the closet lol... he fit perfectly in there :) 

Finally getting some Cafe Rio!

Random wood bear with an ice cream cone we found while driving to go get Jeri's cap and gown


The boys ready to hike :) 

The Bretster showing off his muscles lol

Me and my bud

Mom and the little dude

It was SO beautiful! This was before our big hike! I just loved the clear blue skies with all the green. 






1 comment:

  1. We'll have to plan a weekend once I'm in Utah to meet up! Hey, are you on Instagram? Looks like it from your pics... if so, what's your username so we can be friends?? :)

    ReplyDelete