Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Updates in 2013

Okay okay..... I KNOW it's been a LONG time since I've last blogged. Kind of crazy really because I love it but life just kind of got busy ya know? That's still no excuse.... I need to blog and write down my thoughts and life so my friends and family can keep in touch ;)

So anyways....here's what is happening or has happened in the past months since I last blogged.....warning...it might be a lot to read but there are pictures to keep you entertained as well :)



October 2012:

Had to work on Halloween.... don't worry it wasn't too exciting. I did stop by my adopted family afterwards to see the kids all dressed up. Nothing really to report other than spending time with friends and working a ton ;)

 I've been blessed to be able to go to the temple at least once a month now and it's just so great that I can actually go!!! It's hard moving from having the temple 10 minutes from your house to 3 hours away. But it definitely makes me appreciate the temple more and the blessings that come from going!

I spent Thanksgiving with the Hathenbrucks. They are my adopted family here and I just love them! I wasn't able to go home for the holidays so it was nice to be able to have somewhere to go.

I also spent Christmas with them and I just love these two! Not going to lie....Thanksgiving was hard not being with family...my first time ever by the way away from family (extended included) for the holidays and it was rough but I felt so loved. They made me feel right at home. Christmas was even harder but I am so grateful for the love and kindness this family has show me.

Also spent New Years with them....surprised don't be haha. This isn't the greatest picture but it shows you we like to have a good time ;)

It's always nice to feel appreciated and that's exactly what the Elders Quorum in our Branch did for us! We had a women's appreciation night it was awesome. Of course with friends like Brittney it always is a blast! I just love her!

 This guy is still going strong on the mission and I just love hearing from him and getting pictures!!! I had to add one just so you know he is doing well and having a good time. I just sent him a care package and I'm dying to hear how he liked it. According to Auntie he loved it though so that's good ;)

 I hit my one year mark at work. Weird how fast time has flown by.... I miss these lovely ladies though! I think a little reunion is much needed and soon!

 We've gotten snow... not as much as other places but enough for this Cali girl! This was at work one day.... the most I've ever seen at work and it was falling hard. It was pretty though...just didn't like driving in it!

Okay I hate to admit it but I was sick ALOT this winter. First I got a cold, then got over it and would get another one. Then....got even sicker before I got better. And then something else hit and it was like a never ending process of bad health. Don't worry though I'm doing ALOT better! Minus the allergies but they are under control for the time being. :)

 Got to go tubing with the Branch and it was loads of fun. Next time though I need to remember to bring gloves!! That was a mistake haha but it was fun!

 Went shooting and had a blast!!! Shot my first shot gun ever and it was so cool!!! I'm a newbie at it but it was a blast! I want to go again!

 This lovely lady got her mission call to the Birmingham Alabama mission. I just love her she is fantastic! Our good friend Alissa took pictures of us and we had a blast! Steph kept saying the camera loved her more than me but we all know it was pretty much equal ;)

 I FINALLY got to see my mom and Bret!! They came out for like two days and it was so great just to have them here to visit!! We went to the Four Corners Monument and Bret thought that was pretty neat to stand in 4 places at once!

 I just love this kid! He makes me smile!! I miss him....BUT I get to see him soon so it will be awesome!!

 Breakfast at IHOP before Steph left to report to the MTC. I miss her ALOT but I hear from her weekly so it's good :) I just love her so much!! And I'm so proud of her decision to serve and teach others the Gospel!

 Had a lovely girls night down in Albuquerque. I had a blast with these two. And of course I loved doing two temple sessions while we were there :)

 Okay....I just can't believe my little brother is 18 and his papers are IN! We are just waiting for a call! How crazy is that?! I just love him and he is going to be an awesome missionary!

 I recently went to my first carnival ever.... I know I know. Crazy right?! We have them in Cali all the time and I have never gone!! It was so much fun though! We had a blast!! And I caught some fish!!  It was a blast and of course I was with some pretty awesome people which made it so much fun!!

 That's pretty much the happenings right now. I am in the works of moving into another place with two friends of mine. It's a work in progress only because I may not be able to get out of my lease early but I'm trying to....so we will see what happens :)


In less than 3 weeks I will be going home for a week and a half and I'm SO excited!!! It's been 9 months since I've been home and seen my family all together so I'm EXCITED!!! It will be awesome!!! And I will try to be better at blogging. This blog is probably still going to go private so make sure I know you read this so I can add you to the list when I do make it private! Now it's time for me to clean and get ready for the rest of my day :)

1 comment: