Monday, August 26, 2013

New Beginnings...

It's kind of hard to believe that I haven't written a blog post since May but then again I'm not really surprised. Life has been extremely busy and lot's of things have happened.

In June I went home to California for about a week and a half. I left work after working a 12 hour shift and drove 6 1/2 hours to Scottsdale to my aunt and uncles. Stayed there for a day and got to hear my beautiful cousin Chelsea give her farewell talk before I headed out to California with my grandparents to my mom's. We spent the next week just chillin...mainly by the pool since it was SO hot! Chad graduated from high school which is kinda crazy that we are all growing up!

The next week Jeri and I left and headed up to Utah. It was great to spend a few days with Drew and Taylor and the kids. Then after a few days I drove the 6 hours back to Farmington since I had to work that weekend.

July was kind of a whirlwind month haha. My lease was ending at my condo and with two friends from the branch here I moved into a cute little three bedroom house. Nobody really believed how much stuff I have but I have a lot!! haha. When you live by yourself for over a year you do accumulate a lot. My room still isn't completely done....I downsized on closet space so I need a dresser still haha. When it finally gets finished I will post pictures I promise.

I celebrated my birthday.... well I tried not to haha. I'm not a fan of being in the spotlight but some special people decided it make it an ordeal haha. It was great. My wonderful 2nd family the Hathenbrucks made me dinner and a cake. It was so nice. And my mom sent me the prettiest flowers which totally made my day because I never get flowers!

Pretty much the month of July though I spent it working and moving and unpacking and cleaning the condo. It's hard to believe that now it's almost September!!!! This summer went by way too fast!

It is kind of interesting to see where life takes you sometimes. I never even thought of moving to New Mexico nor had ever heard of Shiprock or Farmington before I moved here. Life is an adventure and while it's been an adjustment from living alone to living with two other people it's been great. Work has been crazy busy and while that's good, I also hurt my back so I'm trying to be careful and take it easy.

Now that fall is coming, I've made some goals that I want to excel at by the end of the year. I'm hoping I can reach my goals and I'm excited to do it. Maybe I will share those in another blog post ;)

Anyhow for now...those are the updates. Not much to tell haha but life is good. My new motto is Live every moment, laugh every day and love beyond words.


No comments:

Post a Comment