I'll admit it... but so far this has been the hardest weekend here. It's only been 22 days since I left (yes.. I counted) but it feels like forever ago. I honestly feel like I've been here for at least two months. Crazy how fast time has gone by already. I think this weekend is especially hard because one of my good friends got married this weekend and sadly I couldn't make it home for the wedding. I keep seeing all these posts on FB about it and finally just had to log out and not check it because it makes me kind of homesick.
Don't get me wrong... I KNOW this is where I am supposed to be and I'm okay with that but it's only natural to have homesick tendencies every now and then right? At least I hope so :) Thank goodness for the phone and internet so I can keep in touch with everyone. And I love having phone calls with my mom and sister and Em at least once a week :)
I was texting Em and she reminded me to keep an eternal perspective on things and I was SO grateful she reminded me of that because I had forgotten. I do love that I have a Father in Heaven who loves me and is there for me no matter what and He has a plan for me.
Anyways... enough of this sappy stuff haha ;) Because I've been feeling a little homesick I wanted to write down five things that I've liked about my new home. I think I need to do that just for me to remind me that I'm where I'm supposed to be. I'm sharing with all of you because otherwise I might not really write them down haha ;) So here they are:
1. Clear beautiful big blue skies :) Yes I love this!! No smog!! And the sun is even brighter and it just makes everything look so beautiful! (I'll have to take a picture one day).
2. No traffic...or little (although people here like to tailgate more than ever but I like no traffic)
3. Small town feel :) I really like this town. Granted some of the shopping could be a little bit better but I love that it's small yet still feels somewhat big too but not like a city.
4. Shopping within 5 minutes of me :) Yep that's right... I've got a mall, Target, Grocery, you name it all super close :) Well okay the gym I want to join is ten minutes but still... it's all super close which is pretty awesome :) I think my favorite thing is that Target is less than five minutes :)
5. My new place :) I love it!! At first I thought okay this will get some getting used to but I love it :) I love how open it is for the most part and I love that I can decorate my own place :)
Anyways... see even after writing down just these five things I feel good :) Sure I miss home but I'm not super homesick (well I wasn't really bad to begin with but I do miss it). I'm glad I was able to find a good job and move to this wonderful place. I know that I will make friends and then it will be even better :) Life is good. Even if you are having a bad day I suggest writing down five good things that happened today :)
Happy Weekend!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment