I should have done this post a while ago but... I didn't have internet at the time and really... didn't have time to post about it. Now that I have a few days off AND my internet is installed...it's time.
I don't know if in my post about moving here I said this but the last week before I moved was pretty stressful. I had only two weeks to find a place to live and pack up the rest of my stuff and get out here before I started work. The last couple of days were probably the worst and I'm pretty sure I had (and still might) a stress ulcer from all of it. Anyways...that's the background of where I'm going with this post :)
The day before the move was by far the most stressful day ever. It was a Friday and I was frantically trying to get everything done including a last minute oil change. I had to go pick up the moving truck and had all my plans into place. I was going to pick up the truck and pack it at four and then go to bed early since I had a long drive the next day. For those of you who know me, you know that I like to plan things and that I like to somewhat stick to my plan. Well...that didn't quite happen. It took an hour for the oil change (because I'm dumb and haven't changed my oil in ages and the guy chewed me out for it)...then I barely had time to run home grab stuff before I had to meet my mom to pick up the moving truck. We got the truck and I drove it back to the house and Nick followed behind in his car b/c we were supposed to go to storage and get my mom's book boxes out of storage (long story...maybe another post). Anyways, we met the Elders at my house and I told Nick that I didn't think my turn signals were working. Sure enough they weren't. So I had to drive back to the rental place and funny how they just started working on the way back but I made them check everything out anyways. So then we didn't start packing the truck until about 430.
Nick had told me that he was supposed to meet a friend at his house at 5 and wanted me to come and check out his new blue dress suit he had gotten. I told him I didn't need to go and he insisted I go. I said no...he could just text me a picture. Mind you he had told me a couple days before that I needed to go see the suit on Friday but I told him I didn't have time. Anyways, so Don, Craig and Nick packed up the truck (thanks guys!) and once it was all loaded it was about 530. Nick was still telling me in between us carrying boxes down the stairs that I needed to go check out this suit. I said no... a picture would do justice. Let me just say though that Nick likes me checking out his clothes to make sure they are suitable so I wasn't really suspicious. I started getting suspicious when Nick told my mom that I needed to go and my mom agreed with him. That's when I was like...wait...what's going on. Not that my mom never agrees with Nick but in this instance it was kind of suspicious. Anyways so once the truck was loaded Nick was insisting we go and I was being stubborn and said I wouldn't leave because the truck didn't have a lock on the back and I didn't want my stuff to be taken. I was being really stubborn about it and Craig even at one point offered to go buy me a lock (thanks Craig!). Mind you I was also tired and stressed :) My mom eventually talked me into going and said she would get a lock.
So we went over to Nick's and I started to go upstairs like usual to check out this "new blue suit". Well Nick tells me it's downstairs and I was like...why did you put it down here...that's weird. So I walk around the corner and he has the closet open like he is going to show me and it's not there. So then I said where is it and he closes the door and pushes me into the family/kitchen area and wow... got surprised. :) All my favorite peeps were there to wish me off one last time. It was sweet and I thought Nick did a really good job in surprising me (usually I'm never surprised and this time I thought something was going to happen but wasn't sure). Here are some pictures...mind you I was VERY tired and so I don't look great but oh well...gotta capture moments for posterity ;)
 |
| Denise, Me and Shelby |
 |
| Me and Mandy!! :) |
 |
| Me with the newlyweds Jon and Amber :) I like this one the best of all three of us...Amber can't ever make a straight face when all three of us are taking pictures :) |
 |
| Isabella and I :) |
 |
| The mastermind behind it all :) |
 |
| Amber and I :) |
Anyhow... I sadly didn't get pictures with everyone that was there but those are some pictures of some of my favorites that we did catch on camera :)
No comments:
Post a Comment