Okay so really it's only been two weeks since I made my BIG move and am all on my own but honestly....it feels ALOT longer!!! I feel like I've been here for at least a month. Crazy how fast time is already going!!!
I've successfully completed two weeks of orientation but that was just getting my feet wet. I still have ALOT more training and orientation but I'm grateful for it. By the end of the day I'm totally exhausted and do not want to read or write anything!! haha so I usually pop in a movie watch half of it and fall asleep. I know so exciting. I like the people I'm working with and that makes a good difference too. It's such a good work environment that I think I will really enjoy it once I'm done training and have a lot more confidence in doing things.
I concurred the laundromat today and let's just say it was an experience. Hopefully I won't have to do that a whole lot longer because my first purchase ideally will be a washer/dryer. If I have to do the laundromat a few more times....ok....but it's one of my least favorite things haha.
Anyways.... life is good. I'm unpacking more books today and hauling them up the stairs to the guest bedroom that eventually will have bookshelves (the boxes are too heavy to carry up). A new friend I met Jamie who is the dietician at the dialysis place in town is bringing over her old desk tomorrow. I haven't decided where I'm putting that yet. Ideally I would like it to go upstairs but the way my stairs are situated that might be a problem. (I'll post pictures at a later date when I have more things in order and cute for pictures!). Anyways... I will see if they can. If not I have a place for it downstairs.... Just would like it up.
It's nice having three days off in a row :) I maxed out on hours for the week so I have a three day weekend. I was SO excited to sleep in the morning....only didn't. Nope my body decided it was time to get up at six! Yeah...that didn't really happen. I just laid in bed and went back to bed for about an hour. Then got up and started getting things ready for my laundromat adventure. Now I'm at the library updating :) I will be getting internet service on Monday so that'll be good! Can't wait!
Anyways... nothing else to really say or tell. I did check out the singles ward here on Sunday. They were nice. It was a lot different since it's in the institute building and not the church building but that's alright. Hopefully I make friends there soon. In the meantime I just try to keep myself busy by planning out how I'm going to decorate my new place and talk to my mom and Em alot! :)
Hope you all have a fabulous weekend!!!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment