Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Cali Trip


Alright, I know I need to blog my wonderful trip.... so of course I will do with lot’s of detail ;) Make sure you have plenty of reading time haha. 
Let me start out by saying that the week of my trip before I left was TERRIBLE. I found a crack in my tire and was told not to drive it. Then I couldn’t get it fixed because I worked the next two days and then was flying to Cali. So I had to get a ride from the dietician at work which I hated doing because I don’t like asking for help. Then work wasn’t so great but that’s a whole other story that someday I may blog. 
So Thursday, my flight was at 6:15 a.m.  I had my friend Stephany drop me off at the airport at 5. As soon as I got there I was told my flight was delayed. Of course I thought it was because of the weather. Nope. It was due to the crew needing sleep. Yes! I’m not joking. I was thinking to myself, why can’t they just get a back up crew in here. That was not the case. I was told my flight would be delayed an hour. I thought okay however I was nervous I would miss my flight connection in Phoenix. An hour later I found out that the crew was there but now there were maintenance problems with the plane. Long story short, I spent from 5 a.m. to 10 a.m. in the airport. I ended up on the Las Vegas flight and flew from Vegas to Phoenix and then from Phoenix to Long Beach. Let’s just say I wasn’t very pleased with US Airways airline either because they were less than helpful trying to get me to Cali sooner. 
Auntie Trish picked me up and we spent the next two hours in traffic back to Yucaipa. You can all call me crazy because I missed the traffic. Weird I know but I’ve missed that! It was good to catch up with my Auntie and I’m glad I did because that was the only time I got to see her! When I got to my house mom and Bret were there. Chad was on a high adventure trip. I was craving some Baker’s so I went and got some and then Bret, my mom and I watched Mirror Mirror. It was an interesting movie lol. Not sure it’s one I will buy but I can officially say I’ve seen it :) After the movie I was exhausted since I had been up since 3:45 a.m. I didn’t get much sleep that night however because we had a huge thunderstorm and it kept me awake. I ended up sleeping in my mom’s room for a while, um correction, my mom, Bret and I ended up hanging out for a while, waiting out the storm. There was no way to sleep it was too loud! 
The next morning I went for a walk, no running... it was WAY too humid! Then got ready for the day. The three of us went shopping and it was great to run into a few people at my favorite store, Target! It was nice to catch up and see how things were going with them. I’m glad I got to see them! We of course had lunch at Cafe Rio, can’t miss out on that! :) 
That night I went with Nick to his mom’s to have dinner. She makes the best tacos ever! It was so great! And so great to see and catch up with Isabella, Amber and Jonathan as well :) 
The next morning I went to Nick’s endowment session, all bright and early :) Thanks to Jared and Bryce for picking me so early haha ;) After the session we took some pictures and then headed to IHOP for some breakfast! I wish I had gotten pictures there as well but that’s okay. Jared had a great time using my Voxer to have a conversation with Spencer who sadly couldn’t make it. It was great hanging out with everyone again and laughing and having a good time :) 
Later my mom and I went shopping again and just hung out around the house. Bret had a friend over so we didn’t do much until after his friend left. After shopping we grabbed a quick snack of Coldstone and headed back to the house since Chad would be home :) I got ready and went with Isabella to our friend Janelle’s wedding reception. She was a gorgeous bride!!! I absolutely loved her dress that her mom made and all the decorations. It was a beautiful reception!!! Afterwards, Bella and I went to Mandy’s and we all went to Red Robin for a bite to eat. I had the most amazing veggie burger! I’m actually craving it but I think I can recreate it here but it was SO good! Then I headed home but stopped by Nick’s first to say goodbye to Jared and Bryce since they were heading back to Utah the next day :) 
Sunday I went to 3rd ward for Sacrament meeting, then Nick came and picked me up and I went to the singles ward. A lot has changed there, but then not so much has. It was kind of weird being there. Due to all the fun I had been having and lack of sleep I had Chad pick me up early so I didn’t stay all three hours. I know I know but I was exhausted and just wanted to hang out with my family. Next time will be better to see friends and chat. Bret, Chad and I played pass the pigs until it was dinner time. Bret sure does love that game haha :) We finished up our game and then after dinner I headed over to the Brice’s for ward prayer and to see a few peeps. It was good catching up with a few of them and I’m sad I didn’t get to with all but that’s okay, there is always next time :) 
Monday Mom and Bret were at Suzuki piano camp all day so it was a Chad and Kati day. For the most part. I did have breakfast with my good friend Amy and that was awesome :) Then Chad and I hung out and we had Baker’s for lunch, I miss that place and watched some good shows ;) Once Mom and Bret got home we all got ready and headed down to BJ’s to celebrate my birthday dinner :) I of course had to have my avocado egg rolls and I tried their new red velvet pazookie and it was fantastic!! I highly recommend it! Don’t worry I didn’t eat it all, everyone else had a few bites as well ;) 
And there you have it! That was my Cali trip. Too short but sweet and I miss it already! I know I ate out alot but I missed my Cali food and don’t worry I made good  food choices haha ;) I haven’t forgotten about my challenge and I’m glad Melissa and Carissa are doing it too :) 
California will ALWAYS be home to me and I love it and I miss it. And hopefully I will be back SOON for a few days longer.... but it’s still too early to say ;)  
These two always make me smile :) 

Jared, Amber, Jon, Me, Nick, Don, Amber, Denise


Me and Nicholas...hard to believe he will be on his mission soon!

Amber and I... Friends for life!
First thing I saw stepping off the plane in Cali

With Bella at Janelle's wedding!!

My beautiful momma at dinner :) 

Bret loves his baby back ribs!

Me and the bro :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment