Sunday, July 1, 2012

Utah!!! :)

With my new schedule (which sadly is changing again supposedly :/ ) I work six days in a row and have six days off. So what better to do then go to Utah on my days off?! Yes!!! It actually wasn't planned that my mom and brothers were also going to be in Utah but it was great to be with the whole family for Father's day weekend :) Chad had baseball camp so he drove up with Jeri and then my mom and Bret drove up Wednesday and I drove up Thursday :)

Thursday I got in around 3ish and then we all went and picked up Chad and Brad from baseball camp. We went to the new City Creek Mall in Salt Lake and it is FANTASTIC!!! LOVED IT! I can't wait to go again!!! We ate dinner at the Cheesecake Factory which was bomb! Then Jeri and Aaron dropped Brad off at the airport while my mom, boys and I shopped :) 

Friday we went to Seven Peaks Water Park! It was super busy but not too bad. All the slides were awesome and I loved going on a double tube with Bret. Haha he cracks me up! Chad was pretty funny too screaming for fun on some of the slides and dumping my mom out at the end lol. It was nice to soak up the Sun even though it wasn't in Cali ;) Afterwards we went back to Jeri's and showered then headed over to Aaron's for pizza and movie night. We had some yummy Papa John's pizza (I haven't had ANY Papa John's since I moved which is CRAZY) and watched the Dark Knight. Now I can't wait for the Dark Knight Rises movie in July ;) 

Saturday was kind of a chill day. In the morning us girls went to this cute store Jeri showed us that has all sorts of fun decor and crafts. Of course I got stuff to decorate my house with.... maybe I should take pictures haha ;) Then we went and got groceries for our BBQ. We had a BBQ with Drew and Taylor at a park near Jeri's. It was totally so much fun!!! Bret was so excited to see Drew and was such a good helper with Collin. He loved playing with him :) After Drew and Taylor headed home, Chad and I went and saw Men In Black 3. It was so great!! haha I laughed alot it was cute but maybe it was late so I just liked it more who knows lol

Sunday we went to Jeri's ward for church. To be honest....the past three Father's Day I haven't really wanted to go to Sacrament and hear all the talks about how great people's Father's are and all that Jazz. The first year we were in San Diego but the past two we haven't been. A year ago was super tough in my singles ward Sacrament meeting hearing all the talks and it just made me miss Dad that much more. So honestly I wasn't totally thrilled about going through that again but church is important and the Sacrament is VERY important and I was with family so of course I was going. Drew and Taylor had actually invited me up to their ward but since Mom and the boys were leaving after church, I decided we should all go together to Jeri's ward. It was actually a great sacrament meeting and didn't make me all emotional haha. I loved it. Afterwards we all drove back to Jeri's and Mom and the boys packed up the car and left. I was sad to see them leave but I knew I would see them in just a few short weeks so it was okay :) A few hours later I headed up to Drew and Taylor's for dinner and to spend the night. It was totally awesome! We had shish kabobs (I hope that's spelled right lol) and some rootbeer and trifle! It was awesome! Drew is such a great Dad and I am so thankful Drew and Taylor let me come spend Father's Day evening with them. It was great to just spend time with them. Taylor actually went upstairs to put Melia to bed and so Drew and I were playing legos with Collin. After like ten minutes though Collin decided he was done but Drew and I still were playing with them haha. We had a good much needed chat that night so I don't mind that we were playing with toys with no kid around ;)

The next morning I headed over to the SLC airport to pick up my cousin Brad and his friend Jeremy to take them to EFY. We drove back to Provo and Brad was craving some Cafe Rio. It was almost ten in the morning and check in was at 11. We found one in Provo and got there around 10:25. We had to wait for five minutes before they were officially open but the boys got their Cafe Rio and were all set to go :) We then attempted to try and find where they were supposed to check in. Mind you, I am not familiar with BYU campus at ALL so a good text to Aaron really helped and guided me in the right direction. After what seemed like forever standing in the hot sun in line the boys were checked in. The next thing was to take them to the dorms. That was pretty easy and simple with the map they gave me :) After I dropped them off and said good bye to Brad I headed back to Jeri's to do some much needed laundry. I had told Taylor I would be back in in the afternoon but I was much later than I thought ;/ Funny thing is when you do laundry at the laundromat you are done in an hour with three loads. With one washer and dryer it takes longer but silly me I forgot that! haha. It was all good though. I headed back up to Drew and Taylor's and then we all headed over to Paula and Alan's while Drew gave the kids piano lessons. Afterwards Drew, Taylor and I and the kids went to this place called the PIE. I hope that's right but whatev... it was so GREAT!!! I'm actually craving the pizza Taylor and I had it was SO good! Next time I'm in Utah we have to go again! We headed back to the house and then chatted with Drew and Taylor until late. Then I drove back to Provo. I'll admit I was sad to leave :( I really love talking with Drew and Taylor and I hope that I can be in Utah more so I can all the time!!! And of course see some of my other cousins too!!!

I had debated leaving Tuesday after I did a session at the Provo temple but....my sister kind of was sad that the past two days I hadn't been with her so I stayed another night. Tuesday morning I went to Provo in attempts to do a session and did sealings instead! I was stoked! I love doing them! I was really overwhelmed with how large the Provo temple is and got lost but thankfully there were kind people everywhere to help me! After the session I went back to Jeri's and took a nap. Then decided to do some grocery shopping since the next day I was driving home and after that working six days. First though I made a stop at a scrub store and bought me some new scrubs. I absolutely love them! I need to get more! After shopping Jeri was home was I went home and then we caught up with life then went to dinner at this Mexican restaurant in Provo. It was really good. I loved their salsa. Afterwards we went next door (not really...like a block down but that's what Aaron said ;) ) to get some Gelato. We got some then walked around a bit. It was cool. Then we headed back to Jeri's and I packed up my car. Then Jeri and I talked for like an hour before falling asleep.

The next day I headed out and said goodbye to Jeri and Utah. I miss it already! I'll be back in Utah in August but in Park City. I'm excited for that. Anyways... here are pictures from my fun trip!! I figured you got all the reading out of the way now time to look at pretty pictures ;) I didn't take as many as I should have though...oh well it's all documented in writing :)
The temple from the City Creek Mall

Chillin at City Creek 

Soakin up the sun at Seven Peaks!

After church on campus... Bret really liked the desks at each seat he kept trying to pull his up during Sacrament haha

Provo Temple

The view from the temple... pretty!

Bret being such a great helper with Collin!

2 comments:

  1. The Pie!!! It's my favorite and there really is NO other pizza like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were so glad to see you while you were here! Next time you are up here, we will definitely go get pizza at the Pie again!

    ReplyDelete