I love it when people come to visit!! It's totally great!!! The Jackson's came and stayed with me for a few days and I totally loved it! They stopped by for one night on their drive to Cali and then on their way back they stopped and stayed for a day and a half. Not long enough in my opinion but I will take what I can get!!!
They drove in Sunday night and spent all day Monday here and then drove home Tuesday afternoon. I was very sad to see them leave :( But we had a blast while they were here!!!
 |
| In the morning I went for a walk then came back and the girls needed a project ;) So we made some apple crisp while everyone else was finishing breakfast and getting ready for the day. |
 |
| Emily really wanted to go on a hike in Mesa Verde but it's closed due to a fire that recently happened. So we attempted to find a local trail. This was by the river but not easily accessible so we didn't walk it super far. |
 |
| This picture needs no words...this girl definitely has style and spunk ;) Love her! |
 |
| We ended up at a park in town along the Animas River. The kids and Jake had a blast trying to catch minnows and a crawdad |
 |
| Part of the Animas River |
 |
| Jake just chillin' on the rock in the middle of the water |
 |
| Me and Em |
 |
| After our hike we ate lunch then went back to my place. Everyone was tired and needed naps.... except these two! I put in Bolt on my laptop so I could get a little bit of shut eye but I just had to take a picture of how they looked watching the movie...too cute! |
 |
| For dinner we went to Outback with Jake and Emily's friends , the Mc Brides. |
 |
| Emily's eyes were closed in this shot that Miguel took but I love me and the girls so I had to post it and just crop Em out lol |
 |
| Kara Cute |
 |
| Okay.... I know it's blurry but..... there's a story. So my birthday is this weekend. No big deal. Emily REALLY wanted to have them sing to me but I told her no when we first sat down to dinner. Later she was bummed and I told her if she REALLY wanted them to, they could. So this guy... who was one of our waiters was hilarious. Anyways... he made a big deal about my birthday and I wish this came out better but he is singing Happy Birthday and told me that due to privacy rights he wouldn't use my name so instead I was Shenikwah (I doubt that's the right spelling but whatever). It was pretty great. |

|
After dinner right before we left Elissa told me that she could squeeze me SUPER hard. haha. This is her squeezing me hard....too cute :)
After dinner we came home and I cooked our Apple crisp. We had apple crisp and ice cream :) Then the kids went to bed and Jake, Emily, Miguel and I watched Transformers 3 on Emily's projector (yes yes I STILL do not have a TV but maybe I will get one soon....possibly ;) ). It was awesome!
Tuesday morning, I went for my walk/run before everyone got up, except miss Laura she was an early bird. This is a view I had this morning!
Then we all got ready and went and saw the new Disney movie Brave. It was really good. There was a scary bear that I think little kids might not be a fan of but overall it was cute. I felt though it was kind of similar to Brother Bear but the message was different and that's all that matters ;)
Afterwards Emily and I went to Olive Garden for our usual just the two of us lunch. It was great! The kids and Jake went to Wendy's don't worry...they got fed too ;) Afterwards we headed back to my place and they packed up and headed back to Texas! I was very sad to see them go. Like I said... I love having company! They will be back in another month and the five of us (Jake has to work) will be heading up to Park City for a couple of days. I'm totally excited! It's going to be a blast!! See you soon my dear friends!! |


No comments:
Post a Comment