Friday, May 27, 2011

YSA Bike to the Beach...

So every year our singles ward does a Bike to the Beach event. This year we had about 16 (give or take a few) bikers and I'm proud of all of them!! Everyone but two biked 34 miles!!! The other two only did 24 miles but that's still pretty impressive!!! I didn't bike this year :( mainly because I knew they needed drivers so I offered to drive. I will bike next year though (if I'm still in the area ;) ) but overall it was a really good day!!! I was worried that the weather wouldn't be so great because the whole week before it was like 60 degrees and hardly any sunshine. I couldn't have asked for more perfect weather though. It was BEAUTIFUL!!!

I did learn my lesson though and have made a note to wear LOADS of sunscreen the rest of the summer because I didn't reapply and got sunburned on my face :( I have a really nice tan every where else though :) Here are some pictures from the fun day!!
Joseph and Diva getting ready to bike :)

Elyse and Diana haha love these two!

Dean getting ready to go!

Amber... she drove too so I wasn't all by my lonesome :)

Perfect day the beach :) This was still when there was still a marine layer but it was so pretty!

Diva, Me and Diana

Excuse the hair... Diva and I down by the water (don't let it fool you...the water was FREEZING!)

Diva being a goof

Joe and Amber building a sandcastle

JJ and I ... had to capture him at the beach since half the time he had to study.... that's what happens when you're in Dental school.... I know the feeling...did it in Nursing school... at least he got to have some fun :)


I actually ended before the Bonfire that the ward had but I still got to have some awesome food. Bishop Brice made corn but with salt water and it was AMAZING!!! Seriously... corn on the cobb will never be the same again!! I made it home just a little after 7 p.m. which was nice because I still had some time to get things done around the house before bed. Fun weekend :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment