Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Happy Heaven Day and 100th Post :)

Exactly two years ago my Dad passed away. It still seems so surreal and I don't think it's something I will ever get used to. I loved my Dad and talking with him about things going on in my life. Especially boys ;) but I mainly just LOVED to talk to him and hang out with him. If you remember  my Father's Day post then you will remember some of things I wrote in my journal. I've written a lot of thoughts about that day that changed my life forever and while I don't understand the way God works sometimes, I know he works in mysterious ways and has a plan for each and every one of us. My sister came up with the idea that this is our Heaven day. It's a day to celebrate my Dad's life and the fact that he is in Heaven now watching over all of us.

One of my favorite pictures of us as kids with Dad :) 



So in honor of today I'm attempting to make cake balls. It's something I've been wanting to try for a while and we'll see how it goes. I figured Heaven day was a pretty good excuse to make something sweet :)

And how cool is it that this post is my 100th post as a blogger?? I think it's pretty awesome. Not that I have a lot of blog readers but I love to blog and share my thoughts. Even if it doesn't help anyone else it helps me :) Happy Heaven Day  Dad. I know you are watching over us and my heart aches you aren't here physically but I know you are in a better place!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Heaven Day! We miss your dad, too! Eat a cake ball for me.

    Paula

    ReplyDelete