Life is full of choices. What we choose could determine something good or bad happening next. I'll be honest though, life seemed MUCH simpler as a child. It wasn't until high school when choices I made I realized would affect the rest of my future. Like for instance, choosing which college to go to. That wasn't really a hard choice for me because I always knew I wanted to go to a small college to start off with. But the choices we make, don't always affect us in negative ways. If I hadn't chosen to go to school nearby then I would have never met some of the amazing people I have as friends today. Of course if I had gone to some big university then I'm sure that I would have met some amazing people there as well. I believe everything happens for a reason and that God has a plan for all of us. Once I graduated I thought I had my whole life planned out. Boy, was I sure wrong. The past few years I've felt like nothing has turned out the way I wanted it to BUT I realize now that there's a reason I'm going through all of this. I chose this path. I may not physically remember doing so but I know that this is the path I'm supposed to be taking. Life isn't easy. It's not supposed to be. But the choices we make can help us get through life and also learn life lessons in the mean time.
I remember writing in my journal at the beginning of 2011 and saying that I felt like this was going to be a GREAT year. Well to be honest, it hasn't been the greatest but the year isn't over yet! But I have chosen to let come what may and learn to love it! That's my new motto. So I just wanted to share that with all of you :)
Oh and I found this awesome quote I thought I would share:
“One gift that will help us navigate our lives is the gift He has given to all, the ability and power to choose.
“Our choices have the undeniable power of transforming our lives. This gift is an extraordinary sign of trust in us and simultaneously a cherished personal responsibility to use wisely. Our Father in Heaven respects our freedom to choose and will never force us to do what is right, nor will He impede us from making mediocre choices. His invitation, however, concerning this important and vital gift is clearly expressed in the scriptures: ‘But behold, that which is of God inviteth and enticeth to do good continually; wherefore, every thing which inviteth and enticeth to do good, and to love God, and to serve him, is inspired of God.’ ”
Hope you all are having a fabulous week!! I know it's only Tuesday but still :) Here's a picture of what my fabulous weekend was like :) I'll blog about that later :)
No comments:
Post a Comment