Saturday, September 24, 2011

Hello Washington!

So a few weeks ago I went up to Washington to check it out and hang out with my friend Emily. Thanks Emily for letting me stay with you and show me a great time!! This is kind of long but I figure that I'm documenting for journal purposes as well as informing all my blog readers. So enjoy :)

To be honest, I was little weary about Washington. I guess most of my thoughts about Washington were from reading Twilight and knowing that it rains ALOT up there. I wasn't sure how I would feel about living in the rain with hardly any sunshine. Someone actually told me that I should like it because I'm not an outdoors person. Um excuse me, I totally am. Even if I'm not water skiing or rock climbing or swimming 24/7 I'm a Cali girl at heart and LOVE the sunshine. So with that said, I wasn't sure how I would really feel about Washington AND the possibility of me living there...don't worry I'm getting to that.

So my friend Emily's mom works for a hospital in Washington. I can't remember exactly what she does but hey she has an office and is important so that's all that matters :) My mom has been bugging me ever since I told her that Emily's mom might be able to get me a job there or at least help me. I think with all the bugging about it, I was less willing/wanting to go. But when my mom found out Emily was up there she was like, well you should go. So we booked me a flight and I asked Emily if it would be alright to come visit for just a few days to check things out.

I flew from Ontario to Salt Lake City and had like an hour and half layover. Kind of sad I didn't get to see any of my family and friends in Utah but hey I waved to you at the airport :) The next leg of the journey was to Washington of course. Both of my flights there were fine...nothing too worthy to tell happened while flying haha.

I arrived in WA and texted Emily to let her know I was there. I only had a carry on because I was only staying for two days but the flight from Salt Lake to WA I had to check my carry on so I had to pick it up at baggage claim. It actually all worked out because my flight ended up early and Emily was planning on being there on time. The airport there was different and I was a little confused. When you fly Delta there (and I'm sure other airlines) you get on this like bus thing that takes you down to baggage claim. It was kind of cool. I actually felt like I was in a Harry Potter movie getting on it. Weird I know...but that's how I felt..so get over it :) While waiting outside Emily found me and we along with Anthony (her friend in WA) went to dinner.

I arrived when the sun was setting and it was BEAUTIFUL! We went to this Mexican Restaurant called Cactus and it was awesome. I only got an appetizer because I wasn't super hungry BUT it was good food! After that we drove to a golf course kind of by Emily's house (or so I think...it was dark and I don't know my way around haha) and it was up on a hill. It was really beautiful seeing the cities with the lights and stuff. I tried to take a picture but sadly it didn't turn out :( Just take my word for it that it was beautiful. We went to Emily's house and ended up staying up into the early hours just doing girl talk. It was fun. Thanks for that Emily I needed it!

The second day we got up and went to Emily's mom's work at the Swedish Hospital in Issaquah. Let me just say it is a beautiful hospital with a fantastic view! It's not even open yet! It opens in November and it's awesome!! They have a cafe there where we ended up eating lunch and it was all healthy food. I LOVE that! Emily's mom introduced me to a few people whom we talked to about how I was a new graduate RN and one lady gave me her email and the email of the nurse recruiter in charge of hiring new grads. Later we met up with Anthony who had gotten off work and went to the city. Alright here are some pictures to post of this fun day:
Trophy Cupcakes

Me with of course Red Velvet :) 


Anthony works for Microsoft so he took us to one of the buildings and this is the view on the 27th floor. Can I say AMAZING! :) 


Me and Emily 

We had dinner at Dick's ...kind of like their version of In N Out

Anyone Grey's Anatomy fans?? This is the REAL view. Beautiful!

I loved the skies! The weather was chilly that night but during the day it was so beautiful!

Me and Emily 



After all our fun in the city we went to Emily's grandparents and played a card game. It was a lot of fun and I had a great time! 

The next day we got up and went to the Children't Clinic in Seattle where Emily's mom used to work. They have an MA job there which is under an RN but her mom figured it wouldn't hurt to go and at least talk to them. So we went out to Seattle and met with the staff at the children's clinic. The one RN there was super nice and gave me a lot of advice. I definitely got a lot out of this trip that's for sure. 
Another view overlooking the city :)

Ferry boat!!! I see them all the time in Grey's Anatomy and now I saw one in real life! What can I say I'm a nerd lol

The Space Needle

These two seriously made me laugh. They were so funny and so fun to hang out with. It was my first time really meeting Anthony and he is such a gentleman! I wish all guys were like him!

For my favorite family :) Had to post! LOVE LOVE LOVE the Harrison Family



Beautiful Temple! When Emily asked what I wanted to see there, the first thing I said was  I HAD to see the temple! It was beautiful! I wish I could've done a session there. Next time for sure :) 


We went to this park and isn't this gorgeous?! Heck yes!! LOVED it! 


Overall it was a fabulous short trip. I didn't want to take up too much of Emily's time with her family so it was only two days but those two days we did ALOT! Oh and I'm NOT moving there. Well as of right now I'm not. I emailed the lady about new grad info. She was very helpful and I applied. Still waiting to hear back but even if I don't get it, it's okay. I will still go back and visit WA again. It's beautiful. And there was sunshine. It's not like Cali but it actually reminded me a lot of San Francisco which I love so that's awesome. All in all it was a great trip and I got a lot of good advice and got to spend some one on one time with Emily. It was a win win situation :) 



My flight however on the way back home was terrible. Between my two flights I had a woman next to me say our pilot was a terrible driver because he "shook" the plane too much...aka turbulence. It was obvious she hadn't flown before. That same flight I had a GROWN woman kicking my seat for 2.5 hours straight. Um hello... not cool! Then in Phoenix I had like a 4 hr layover or something like that which was fine. I like having plenty of time in between flights.. I hate being rushed. I watched Twilight...don't judge. Anyways, I board the plane and sit down (window seat) and it's hot. Come to find out there was a problem so they turned the air off in the plane while we sat on the tar mac in 110 degree weather. NOT fun. Not to mention the fact that the guy seated next to me was wearing a full business suit and proceeded to undress as much as he could with what tiny space he had possible. I felt sorry for the guy though, b/c it was HOT. So the captain gets on and says that they charging something (kind of like a car battery so we can fly) and we'll be on our way. We finally took off for my 1 hour flight. As we our landing the lady behind me said that she would've much preferred to fly at 60 miles per hour the whole way because that was ridiculous. Really? at least we had air once we were in flight. Goodness. Let's just say I was GRATEFUL to finally be home. The trip itself was GREAT the getting home...not so much. But hey...life is an adventure worth taking so it's worth it :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment