I have been re-watching the Twilight movies the past few weeks to get me ready for the 4th movie part 1 in November. Don’t judge me for that. I know I have a lot of close family/friends who are not Twilight fans but don’t hate me because I am one. This post has nothing to really do with Twilight anyways so keep reading :)
Since I’ve been watching the movies I was reminded of a line in the movie. Bella states that Death is peaceful, easy but LIFE is so much harder. I kind of have to agree with that statement. Life is a constant struggle but there is also happiness and peace. People make fun of me because I prefer to live in my “bubble” but you know what, I don’t have to be “in” the world to know what’s in it. I see and hear terrible things and it makes me so sad. Children who are without parents, suffering in other countries. People who have incurable diseases, those who barely have enough to eat for the entire week. Kids who think they should follow in their peers footsteps and do drugs and other bad things. It’s a terrible thing. I hear things that go on at my brother’s high school and I wonder wow... how did things get so bad? I don’t want my brothers/cousins to grow up in world full of terrible things. I don’t want my future children being exposed to all the horrible things that go on in this world. But fact of the matter is, at some point in everyone’s life, we will be exposed to things we don’t necessary choose to be a part of. Things happen. Terrible things. But God is a loving God and is always there for us if we turn to him.
I was talking to a good friend of mine about how I honestly believe everything happens for a reason. I may not necessarily know or understand what the reason is but what I go through, what I experience, might help someone out somewhere down the road. God doesn’t give us what we can’t handle and when we’ve had enough, He takes care of the rest IF we let him.
So today I choose to live in my bubble. Where life is somewhat better. Where I’m not constantly reminded about all the horrible things in the world. I am fully aware and I pray to God daily for all those who are suffering. That their pain may be taken away and that they can find peace and happiness in this life. People think that if I’m in my bubble I will never know what’s going on in the world. Believe me. I’m fully aware of things--- but we can live in the world but not OF the world. So I choose to live in the world but I don't have to hear about all the bad things ALL the time. I'm aware and I pray daily for those suffering more than I could ever possibly imagine.
If I could buy homes for all the homeless and cure diseases and help those little children who are hungry or cold, I would. I donate to Charities, I help whenever I can. And I can still be somewhat shielded by all the other horrible things that happen. So today I look at the good things in life. The good friends, beautiful places God created, Family, and I pray that I will know and be guided to make a difference in the lives of those who are struggling, less fortunate or just need a shoulder to cry on.
No comments:
Post a Comment