Day 8: With the time change it's pretty dark in the morning still but the other day I was driving to work and in my rear view mirror I could see the beautiful sunrise beginning. The sunrises and sunsets in New Mexico are by far one of my favorite things about living here! I wish I could've gotten a picture of the one I saw but I'm posting one that I've taken here before. So grateful for beautiful sunrises that make my day start off wonderful :)

Day 9: Today I am grateful for the Word of Wisdom. Every year for work we have an annual dinner celebration that is paid for by the company. This year it was at St. Clair's Winery here in Farmington. I was reluctant to go for more than one reason but my biggest reason was that at this restaurant they offer free wine samples to go with you meal. I knew that most of my co-workers would be drinking wine and really I don't like being around those that drink. After much thought and even a little prayer, I decided that I needed to go. And it was actually a good experience. I had the opportunity to share with some of my co-workers why I don't drink. Talked a little about the word of wisdom with them and it was good.
Day 10: Grateful for hymns of praise :) I have the opportunity to be not only in one but TWO choirs and I'm kind of excited about it. My branch president was a little worried that I'm "spreading myself too thin" but I told him that I love singing and taking long naps on Sundays while sometimes is great....singing is greater. All day throughout church and choir practice we sang hymns and I just love them!! Each one is unique and special and a reminder to me that we can sometimes communicate to people better through song and the spirit touches them in a wonderful way. I'm excited for December when I get to sing hymns and melodies and be in the Christmas spirit. What a great opportunity and I'm so thankful for it!
Day 11: Happy Veterans Day!!! I know many wonderful people who have served or are still serving today. I am grateful for their service for our country and I'm proud of their choice to serve!
Day 12: Grateful for days off to catch up on some much needed rest and to update the blog haha. Plus I get to work on my crafts and projects for christmas that I'm excited about so it's all worth it!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment