Sunday, October 2, 2011

General Conference Fall 2011

Twice a year our church has General Conference where our prophet and apostles speak to us. This last weekend was absolutely amazing. I was encouraged by the elders in my ward to write down some questions that had been on my mind and they promised that as I watched conference, those questions would be answered. Well to be honest, I did have questions, but I didn't actually write them down physically BUT they were answered :) I'm not going to share that with the blog world but I know that God does love each and every one of us and the Prophet and apostles are so in tune with the Lord that He tells them what to say, because after all, God knows the desires of our hearts.

I decided in April that the next General Conference, I was going to go to the church and watch instead of sitting at home. First off, when I'm at home, I tend to take mini naps when the speakers are talking or I find something to do and multitask but not really listening to the messages being shared. And secondly, I have an adorable little brother who I love but he does not keep quiet at home and I needed quietness. I didn't think I would actually be able to get myself to the church in a presentable fashion by 9 a.m. on Sunday (usually I have church at 1:30 p.m.) but I was so proud of myself I did. I actually went to both Saturday sessions and both Sunday ones all at the church. I LOVED it! I was totally more focused and sat all by myself and listened to the speakers and wrote down the things I felt were important to me. The first session I actually sat by my friend Allison who recently got baptized but the other three I was by myself. Anyhow, I missed my PJ's and being with the family but I LOVED going to the church. I actually prefer it. I mean after all, it's still the Sabbath and I got dressed up and went to the Lord's house to listen to the prophet and his apostles. What's better than that? :)

I love getting alot out of conference and being able to apply it to my life. These are the main topics I found throughout the past few days:
*The Lord Loves You
*Endure to the End and you will be blessed
*Be Charitable
*Read the scriptures--they can be a guide to you in your life

There are a few more but I'm tired haha... that will have to do. And if you missed any sessions of conference or would like to learn more please visit www.lds.org  or ask me for more information :)

No comments:

Post a Comment