There are things in life that sometimes take us by surprise or just absolutely amaze us. Yesterday was one of those days. It was one of those times where I felt like if anything could go wrong it did. I spent hours baking the day prior and had put together cute little plates for families around here. We've been having an ant problem and sure enough, ants invaded. All my hard work....down the drain. My luggage is borderline too heavy, friends needing me, cleaning, dusting, laundry, vacuuming.... you name it... it happened today. Probably one of the most busiest days of my life but yet, not the worst.
Now you are probably wondering what this has to do with the word amaze. Well, see I was amazed to see the difference in my day. It could've been a REALLY bad day but it wasn't. Why? Because I went to the temple. Yep. Simple as that. I started off the day going to the temple and I was and still am amazed at how it made the rest of my day. I could've cried over all my wasted work on food, I could've yelled, screamed whatever else but instead I was calm, for the most part. I have to say mostly because I did have a moment where I raised my voice because the stress was getting to me. But it was amazing to see the difference.
Not only that but when I was at the temple today, I saw someone that we know who just lost his wife to cancer. She was amazing herself, always kind, loving, generous and all around an amazing person. She was my seminary teacher for a while and I loved her. I love her family. She passed away two days ago and her husband was at the temple today. That's amazing right there. I don't know if I could ever do that. I was mourning for a week when my Dad passed away. But their whole family is amazing and I know that he needed to be at peace and what better place than the temple, none! The temple is the best place to be!
Anyways, all I'm saying is when we are uplifted and in tune with the spirit, our days can go by so much better. Easier, bearable, loveable. Okay I'm done being all preachy lol but I just wanted to share for posterity :)
Happy Holidays!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment