Saturday, December 31, 2011

Hockey!!!!

Okay so a lot of people don't know but I LOVE hockey. Yep. I really do!!! So I was more than thrilled that we were going to a lot of Hockey games while we were in Canada!! It was so much fun!!!!

Tanner plays hockey and I was so excited to go watch him play. We went to his game the day after Christmas and sadly after the first period he was out. He got injured and ended up on crutches the rest of the week we were there. At least I got to see him play a little bit. That was a bit of a downer but we did get to spend more time with him so that was a plus. Hopefully he will be back on the ice in no time!


Chad, Mom and Grandma

Tanner's team warming up




Tanner is #10 :) 



Go Tanner!!

Me and Auntie :) 

Kenzie and Audrey!


It was the World Junior Championships when we were up there and Uncle Ryan had tickets so we went to a few games. It was awesome!!! I do have to say though I was disappointed there was no fighting. I know I'm crazy but I think the games are more awesome when there is a fight or two! Grandpa said they can't fight because if they do they will get suspended. Only in professional hockey they are allowed to fight I guess. Oh well it was awesome!! The majority of the games I went to Sweden was playing so of course I went for them. They are a GREAT team!! I loved the way they skated and handled the puck on the ice. Chad says they are cocky which they are BUT they all play very well together. Russia is also good but I felt their puck handling was a little sloppy. In the end it came down to Russia vs. Sweden and Sweden won it all. Sad I didn't get to see that game but I still saw some good games!!! Sweden vs. Switzerland I think was my favorite. They went into Overtime and then to a shoot out. I had never seen a shoot out in person before...only in movies and such so that was REALLY awesome!!!












Overall I had a great time watching the games and loved every moment of it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment