I was born in Utah and moved to California when I was two. California is all I've known. This is home. This is where I've grown up and lived for practically my whole life. I'm not a kid anymore...haven't been for a long time and it's time for me to move on. Yes, it will be different and yes, it's a new place BUT it will be an adventure.
I am now living in Farmington, New Mexico and will be for the next few years. I'm starting my new adventure with a job as a dialysis RN. I've finally found a job. I've dreamed of being a nurse since I was five years old. I think people thought that I would grow out of that and decide to do something else but nursing is my passion. I love helping people, caring for them and seeing the outcome of them feeling so much better then when they came in. I have a chance to make a difference. I know there will be extremely hard days but there will also be good days. And I know that no matter what, the Lord will be with me.
I am grateful for all of you who have helped me on my journey in life and have been with me for many adventures. I pray that I will find friends here that will also become apart of my new adventures in a new place. And keep in mind I will never forget all of the great people I have met in California. Some of you I consider like family. Thank you for all your love and support I greatly appreciate it!
My lifestyle here is going to be different then in California. There isn't a whole lot around and even the nearest temple is about 3 hours away. It will be an adjustment but like I always say, Life is an Adventure Worth Taking. This is my new adventure and I'm looking forward to a great year!!! :) Here's a little recap on what's been going on since I got here:
Let’s just say it was a LONG 13 hours of driving in rain, wind, snow, sand, wind and rain storms. And not to mention I was driving a big moving truck. Not totally ideal but whatever...it had to be done. We got in about 9 p.m. local time. I only had one guy from the ward show up to help but thankfully I got it all moved in. Sunday we slept in and missed church :( So we just unpacked and hung out then went furniture looking at Ashley Furniture. That was fun :) Monday consisted of me running around getting things done for work to start Tuesday. I went to the post office, the bank, the library, the gas co. and then had to drive 2 1/2 hours to drop my aunt off at the train station. Let’s just say if I do a train station, it’s going to be in Albuquerque. Then I had to drive back and luckily didn’t hit any weather until Shiprock and then it snowed the rest of the way home. I started my first day Tuesday. It went well :) It was long but it went by kind of fast! This whole week is basically training, well actually I will be training in depth for about six months but the reading and basic stuff will be this week.
Haha there you have it! I have a fridge stocked with a little food and so I'm looking forward to baking and cooking soon!! Hope you all have an awesome week!! Love you all!!
YAY! I want to see pictures soon :)
ReplyDeleteI'm so excited for you!!! Saying good-bye is always hard and sometimes I get homesick but you will have some AMAZING experiences :) Good luck and keep us posted on how you are doing. Stacie
ReplyDelete