Saturday, October 8, 2011

Lost Communication....

Life is busy. Period. There's no question about that. There are many different stages of life. Your childhood, adolescence, then young singles, then married life and so on. We make friends along our way but how many of those people do we continue to talk to as we move on into different stages of life? My guess would be not that many. And I don't think necessarily there is anything wrong with that..we move away, we make new friends and so on. Friends come and go in our lifetime but a true friend is someone who is always there...no matter the distance. The thing is though, how often do we keep in contact with extended family members as well? Maybe some of you do a lot but that's something that I haven't been doing very well...and I'm not proud of that.

People say Facebook is a GREAT way to keep in touch with people and while it is, I also feel stalkerish (only a little) when I look up a friend/family and see what they've been up to lately. The problem is, there isn't any REAL communication. No emails, texts, phone calls etc. Just "like" the status and there communication and contact has been made. Maybe that's good enough for some people but not for me. Not anymore. I don't like it and I feel like I've lost communication or in touch with family and some of my friends. I've found out more info about the people I'm close to (but obviously have lost touch with) then I care to admit via the internet. And I'm not going to lie, it's made me a little sad and disappointed. I'm mostly disappointed with myself because I can try harder but it goes both ways.

I hate this feeling of having lost touch/communication with family and close friends. So my goal is to try harder. Go more out of my way to see how people are doing. Send a text, email or even a phone call to see how people are doing. I admit that I've been slacking in that area and I'm disappointed in myself but I'm trying to be better. With FB I'm trying to write more comments, instead of just "liking" everyone's things. Maybe some people like that...even prefer it but for me I feel no communication whatsoever.

So there you have it. Lost Communication=no friends/family. It's important to communicate with those you love most. I'm sorry to those of you who I haven't but I promise I'm getting better. And Paula I know you probably read this so don't worry I'll send you texts every now and then since I have your number :) And all my other extended family too. I'll be commenting more on blogs and so forth just so you know I care :) I love you all. Let's not lose communication with each other!

No comments:

Post a Comment