Friday, October 7, 2011

Missionary Work=Blessings

So remember these three?? I figure I should do some updates since I keep track of their progress as best I can :) First off though I have to say that with these three being out on missions I've been way more into missionary work. Before I would write my friends and say hi and how life was back home. But to be honest, I never really understood "life" as a missionary. I can honestly say I still don't...but I have more of a general idea. I've had a few friends here recently get baptized and I've had the privilege to sit in on their discussions more than once. Let me just say that having a missionary lesson is a real spiritual high. I LOVE it! I love learning and sometimes the missionaries teach about things that I'm not so strong in and don't have an understanding of so it's nice to learn and also get a refresher course in the things I already do know. I love seeing my friends who have just gotten baptized light up and glow. It's an awesome feeling and I'm blessed that I've been able to see their change for the better and their happiness.

Missionary work is definitely the Lord's work and I try hard to help out our Elders in my ward as much as I can. Basically I feed them lol. I've become more concerned about their dinners and when they don't have one because I instantly think of Donnie or JJ and I would hate for them to have to eat top ramen for  dinner. So I always make sure our Elders are fed and I feel sad when they don't but sometimes it is unavoidable. But I also realize they are men now and can make do for themselves. Still it's nice to give service and feed them. I can't do it often but that's okay, they are fed well enough.

Oh yeah... I'm also proud to announce that my aunt and uncle are now serving a mission in Lima, Peru! I would LOVE to go visit them... somehow I will make that happen haha but how cool is that! They are serving in the temple there and are doing great! With that said...now on to updates:


Jessica is serving in Houston Texas, South and loves it! She recently sent me a letter and told me about two baptisms she had that were miracle baptisms. They have been working with this couple for months and then one day, it finally happened. Anyways, I love hearing her stories and love that she writes me. She is loving her mission so that's awesome :) 














Jeremy is serving in Las Vegas, Nevada and from what I hear he is doing pretty well. I don't get to hear from him often but I try to write him alot. I know he is busy so I don't expect to hear from him a lot but I have heard he is doing great and loving his mission as well :) 


Donnie is now serving in Hemet, CA. Yep, he is still local but not for long. He will be Argentina bound soon now that medical things have been taken care of. He writes me every week and I write him back and I love it! It's nice to get mail at least once a week :) It is hard with him local though and not being able to see him but I know he is doing the Lord's work. He loves it. He just got transferred to Hemet but before he was in Corona and his branch was leading the mission with baptisms!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment