Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Missionary Work=Fantastic!!

For those of you who don't know, I have THREE amazing people that I'm very close to out on missions right now for our church. If you want to read more about our church, click on the "I believe" button on the side and it will take you to my mormon.org profile :) Anyhow, I want to tell you about these three amazing missionaries that I know. (There are a lot of amazing missionaries out there who have served or are serving, including ALL of my other cousins and friends, I love you all! )

Jessica is currently in the MTC (Missionary Training Center) learning Spanish for her Houston, TX mission. She is amazing. I absolutely love her and whenever I needed a pick me up, she was always there with a smile and a hug. I absolutely love her and I'm so proud of her decision to serve a mission. I told her that by the time she gets back, I will speak Spanish as well so we can have little private conversations haha :) I also told her that she doesn't need to worry about me getting married while she is gone because that is definitely not happening anytime soon!!

Jeremy is called to serve in the Las Vegas, Nevada mission. I am SO excited for him and this amazing experience he is going to have! JJ lives in Canada so I really only get to see him when we have family reunions or when we are in Hawaii. We always have a good time when we are together and he always makes me laugh. I'm excited to hear all about his adventures while he is on his mission and can't wait to see him in two years!

Donnie is called to serve in the Mendoza, Argentina mission. I was there when he opened his mission call and it was an awesome experience. I remember when he was born  and we have always been close as cousins. I think of him as another little brother and I'm so proud of him and his decision to serve. I'm excited to hear about all his experiences and the people he teaches.

Here are some pictures of Donnie before he left:
Checking in 


The So Cal cousins with Elder Moser :)

Thompson Family (minus Jeri) with Elder Moser!

I already miss him :( but he is going to be a GREAT missionary!

Moser Family :)

Giving his mom a hug one last time

About to walk up the stairs.... 

Turned around and waved one last time... God Be With You Till We Meet Again... two years will go by fast!

Missionary work is amazing and I admire all those who have served missions, will or are member missionaries (aren't we all?!). I've been talking with the missionaries in my ward a lot and they have been really helpful in teaching me more about missionary work than I realized before. Everyone can be a good missionary and you don't have to go and serve somewhere else to do it. I'm grateful for all those who are willing to share the Gospel with others and stand up for what we believe in.

No comments:

Post a Comment