Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Biggest Loser Update and Other News :)

So I have a few things to talk about but first I will start with my every other week update on The Biggest Loser. I cried during this last episode, Marci, Deni and Jesse made the ultimate sacrifice and it touched my heart. To be honest when they showed the black team having the discussion about who would go home and so on, I knew that Marci was going to throw the weigh in but I was surprised that Jesse did. I had a feeling Deni might and wow... did she throw the weigh in but it paid off. She looks great and that means Sarah is safe at least for one more week so that made me happy. Jesse really surprised me though. From the discussion with everyone I felt like he wasn't willing to do whatever it took to let Arthur stay. I saw both sides of it though, yes he should get to stay too but the way he said some things, I can see why the girls would be offended. Way to go Red team for winning the challenge... that looked hard. And I was so sad when Jen gained because I knew she would be having a tough week since Jay was eliminated last week. I didn't think it was right that Jay was sent  home. I think Kaylee should have gone, she is almost to her target weight and sooner, rather than later, she will be going home. I think if Arthur hadn't switched the teams the way he did, Jay would've been there for a lot longer. Jen is tough though, I think she will pull through and I'm looking forward to a big loss for her next week. After my last post and how I was angry, I don't have anything bad to say. The past two weeks have been good and I'm looking forward to what next week brings :)

In other news.... my friend Rayleen and I went and talked to an Army recruiter yesterday. We actually planned to go see a Navy recruiter but when I pulled up the offices and picked the one in Redlands, it was Army. So we decided to stay and talk to this guy (over speaker phone because he was at another office). It was an interesting conversation to say the least. And it wasn't very hopeful or encouraging. In all truth, I just wanted to go to say I tried and to see what they have to offer. The Army can actually offer a lot if... I had a Bachelor's AND 6 months experience. Um... the whole point of going was because we can't get experience elsewhere. So that was kind of a bummer. We are making plans to talk to the Navy still and see what they have to say. The Army recruiter wasn't too pushy, which I liked but the information he had to provide wasn't comforting either. So we'll see what the Navy has to say and in the mean time... keep applying to jobs everywhere. I've had a few people ask me where I've been applying and the honest truth is.... EVERYWHERE. That's it... I don't know what else to tell you. My mom keeps bugging me about talking to nurse managers.... um, I have and they all tell me the same thing.... it's slow right now and they want people with experience. The sad part is my friend who is an RN is still working as an LVN because she can't get an RN job and she has experience. So it's just altogether bad. I was telling my friend yesterday that I feel I should have majored in something else... I don't know what.. but obviously nursing is at a slow point. Don't get me wrong, I'm not in despair.... there's a job out there for me... just waiting for the opportune time :)

I have more to write but I'll do it in another post at a later time :) Gotta go switch laundry and get ready to take Bret to scouts. Fun times! Happy Wednesday! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment