Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Goals Update :)

So remember  these from about a month ago?? I just thought I would give a little update on my progress of my goals. It's going well but like most goals, everything takes time. I did read a health related book that has done wonders. It's called "The Hormone Diet" by Natasha Turner N. D. and I highly recommend it. I decided to do my autobiography book on Mother Theresa and so far it's really good. I'm looking forward to learning a lot of new things this year. I am currently crocheting a blanket for my room... probably won't be the cutest one you've ever seen but it's my first so it'll hold a special place in my heart. It will probably take me a whole year to crochet it anyways haha but that's okay. I love doing it little by little. I also got to attend the temple last month and it's my goal to keep that up. I've added another goal to my list and that's to do a humanitarian service project. I really believe that it's something I NEED to do and it's also something that I really WANT to do. My friend Natalie had written on her blog about it last month and that same day my cousin Carissa did as well. How crazy is that? I had been thinking about it but both of them voiced it before I ever got around to it. Due to the fact that I'm unemployed, Carissa researched and found Habitat for Humanity right here in California! It's not as expensive as going to another country so we are going to plan on doing that and then someday when I'm employed we can go to Costa Rica and do a service project there too. I can't wait!!  Don't worry Natalie... I still want to do one with you as well. It's a new passion I have and I LOVE it! Honestly, what's better in life then giving of your time to serve others who need help more than you do? I think it's one of the best kinds of service we can give and I'm looking forward to it. Besides...that's on my goal list anyways, to serve daily. So I challenge all of you to go out and find some service in your area! Do it! It will make your life SO much better! :)

2 comments:

  1. Way to go on your goals! That's awesome about the Habitat for Humanity project... we will definitely have to find something to do together :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's going to be FUN! I can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete