Saturday, February 5, 2011

Birthdays are the Best!!!!


It’s no secret I love birthdays. Not for me (because I hate being in the spotlight) but for the people around me that I care about. I’ve had a lot of birthdays to post about and another today! It’s Emily’s birthday and I hope she has the best day ever! I feel weird not being there to celebrate with her...it’s something I better start getting used to. I’m there in spirit though Em! 

I honestly don’t remember how we actually became friends. I think it was when she was watching Bret and Jake and Em were my Sunday School teachers. We’ve been friends for so long though that we can’t even remember how long it’s been haha.... Time doesn’t matter though, we’ve been through the best of times, worst of times, happy times, sad times...you name it, we’ve been through it. She’s one of my best friends and knows exactly what to say, when I need to hear it. If I need her to call someone or look something up, all I have to do is ask and pow..it’s done. I am blessed to know her, and blessed that we are so close. She is like family to me and always will be. It doesn’t matter that we are thousands of miles apart now, we are still as close as ever. This is one of my favorite friendship poems:
A friend is someone we turn to when our spirits need a lift.
A friend is someone we treasure for our friendship is a gift.
A friend is someone who fills our lives with beauty, joy and grace.
And makes the whole world we live in a happier and better place.  

Emily has always been a true friend. She is someone I can count on, someone that takes me out spur of the moment, someone who makes me laugh, someone who cries with me, and someone who always puts the needs of others before her own and gives service with love. I couldn’t have asked for a better friend and my life is better having her in it. Thank you Emily for constantly loving and being the best and greatest friend ever! I love you!



HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

1 comment:

  1. Ah Kati, You made me CRY!! I Love you so much, you mean more to me than you know. I am glad that we are so close, and that I can give you comfort when you need it! And that you can comfort me when I need it!

    I do not know how long we have been friends or why we are, but I am so lucky to have you in my life! I need you more than you know! We are family!

    Thank you for making my birthday even more special! Even being far away I feel your spirit here with me!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete