Sunday, February 27, 2011

Random Thoughts

This is going to be a really random post but that’s okay because sometimes it’s nice to read random things all at once :) Hopefully you get something out of this but if not....oh well... just enjoy reading it then :) My random thoughts for the day:
Honesty.......
First of all, in all my endeavors, everything I say and do I find that honesty is always the best policy. You have to be honest with yourself first though in order to be honest with everyone else. Sometimes that is easier said than done yes, but the outcome is SO much better. Brigham Young once said, “Honest Hearts Produce Honest Actions” and I totally believe that. How can we live day by day if we aren’t honest? It’s all about integrity and people who lie to me and tell me stories think that it will make life so much better. In reality, it doesn’t. It only makes things worse. I believe in integrity and I look for it in all. It’s there, most of the time, just have to dig deep. Everyone can be honest....funny thing is, most of the time people aren’t because it’s easier to lie. I don’t really know why that is but people who lie aren’t attractive and isn’t it so much better when you’re honest? Think about it :)
Random Songs........
I’ve had a lot going on lately and while some of it has been very tiring and draining and I’ve just been needing a break. Yesterday I heard some amazing songs and while I can’t remember the names of them, at that specific moment, that song was exactly what I needed to hear and just totally described how I was feeling. Ever had those moments, or am I the only one? Maybe it’s just me but sometimes I even will drive around the block just to hear the song finish. There is some amazing music out there and I love it when my favorites come on just in time for me to sing them (no not to anyone but me of course haha). I admit I sing in the car ALL the time. It’s a great stress reliever and I even sing church hymns when I feel I need the Spirit more or if I need to calm down. I don’t sing to anyone, just myself, well and God can hear me too :) I love to sing and I use to in front of people but not so much anymore. Anyways, my favorite random song time is when Dynamite comes on and my little brother gets up and starts dancing to the music. I just absolutely love that kid. He is amazing :) Music can be very uplifting and amazing, just listen to the good kind :) 
Be a Good Friend......
We all have friends. We have best friends and then we have the friends that we hang out with but don’t really tell all our secrets to. It’s nice to have a good group of friends to have fun with. My Bishop told me not too long ago, that someone told him that if he wanted to “friend” someone on facebook, just go to my page and look at all my friends. I feel like that is not necessarily true, I think there are others who know more people than I do. Sure, I know people and yes, I’m friends with them but I don’t know everyone. Funny how people think that though. Truth is I love being a friend to everyone. I don’t believe in cliques, I think that being in a clique would make me go crazy because I love to include everyone. Even if you are in a clique or rather have a specific group you hang out with, be a good friend to those people. Listen with intent to their concerns or problems. Sometimes I feel like I have failed in the area of being a good friend and wonder if I should’ve called or texted someone that I didn’t that day because I didn’t get around to it or whatever. I hope I am a good friend, I believe that I am and want to be. This past week I had a friend that I’ve known for a while but haven’t really had conversations with before that we just started talking and I found this friend is very knowledgeable and gives very good advice. It’s nice to have friends that you can talk to about how your feeling and your frustrations. This friend was especially good to talk with because they have experienced a loss like I have and sometimes it’s nice to know that there is someone else that knows EXACTLY how you are feeling. Not everyone will experience the same trials in life but it’s nice to have friends who have been through the same thing and it’s nice to have friends who have not. We’re all here for each other and the main thing is to just be a good friend to all. I love all my friends and each one helps me in different ways as I strive to be a better person and friend. Just remember... be a good friend :)

Missionary Work.......
My last random thought for the day is on Missionary Work!! YAY for missionaries! As hard as I try not to think about it, three people very special to me are going on their missions. Jessica is leaving tomorrow and will be reporting to the MTC on Wednesday for her mission in Texas. I’m so happy for her and proud of her decision. She will be a great missionary serving the Lord. My cousin Donnie is also leaving in a few weeks and that is going to be tough as well. He is going to Argentina and while I’m sad he is leaving, I know that it will be a great experience for him teaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ to those in Argentina.  My cousin JJ is also serving a mission in Vegas and I’m so happy for him too :) Missionary work is awesome and I’m looking forward to writing these three ALL the time :) 
Alright, enough random thoughts for the day. Stay tuned for more  random thoughts from Kati in the future ;) And thanks to all those who read my blog... makes me feel better someone is actually reading all these thoughts but if not...oh well at least I wrote it down. I love journal writing so blogging is so good as well :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment