I've been doing a lot of random posts lately... well to me they aren't really random but just about random topics :) You know how people change throughout the years? I feel like I am SO different from even just a few years ago and in a lot of ways I am. I am not as naive as I once was and I am expanding my comfort zone like crazy (which is saying a lot) and I've gone through more trials in a period of three years than my entire grade school life. I've grown up and have matured (which my cousin says I'm about 40...um okay..not really) but I feel like I'm a mature, young lady who is just living life to the fullest.
Anyways... for a LONG time I was blonde. Well rather a light brunette with blonde highlights. Crazy I know... and yes, sometimes I even acted the blonde part lol. In high school I played water polo and was on the swim team and so the chlorine naturally lightened my hair. After high school I got highlights and my hair was just always a really light brown/blonde looking color. I went through phases of wanting highlights and then would dye it all natural again because I couldn't keep it up during school but then I would get them again and so on. I have finally decided though that I like it DARK. With my complexion, and great advice from a friend, I figured darker would be better. I have to say that even though at times I feel like I'm so pale (can't wait for summer so I can get some color) I LOVE the dark better. That's my natural color actually and I LOVE it! So I've posted a picture of me from August 2008 at our Stouffer Family Reunion here in Cali and one of me now.
 |
| Then and Now... the now picture is not my favorite but at least you can tell somewhat of a difference :) |
Yeah... I have to say that I didn't wear eyeliner let alone eyeshadow back then... I was very "natural" lol Now I wear eyeliner and have broadened my eyeshadow choices ....so you can tell there is a difference. Kind of interesting really. My cousin made a comment about my high school senior picture that hangs on our wall and how different I was then to now. At first I was kind of offended because um, I'm still the same person...but then I realized that he didn't mean it in a bad way. Sure I've changed a lot of the years, not just emotionally but also physically and I'm okay with that. I'm still the same person, I'm still me and I'm happy. I love life and so it doesn't really matter what I looked like then to now... because really in the long run, who cares?
It's kind of interesting as I was wanting to do this post last week and didn't get around to it but I have gotten quite a few compliments this week and I have to say, they totally made my day. Sometimes I struggle with the fact that I'm not supermodel looking or whatever but most of the time I'm happy to be me the way I am. Someone I really look up to told me that beauty is not all about the physical appearance. It's what's inside that counts. I really liked that because I feel like that's all guys are looking for (which I know obviously, none of those ones are for me and that's okay...my prince charming will look past all that) and beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I remember the ad that said to "Be Your Own Kind of Beautiful" and I just absolutely love that and live by that. I'm my own person and can be my own kind of beautiful. I was told not once, but three times this week how pretty/cute I was and that just made my day, seriously. I don't get those kind of comments often (which is okay but compliments are always nice!) and it was really touching. So here is my advice, Be Your Own Kind of Beautiful and live life to the fullest. And just because you may have changed a little bit physically doesn't mean you aren't the same person...you are... the same person you've always been and always beautiful! :) Be Your Own Kind of Beautiful!!!!
P.S. I've blogged ALOT this week so thank you to all my readers... I have some fun things I want to post but this weekend is super busy so check up on it next week! And is it really bad that I've blogged like every day this week? I don't think so but if it's too much I will tone it down!!
Totally Agree! And Love the hair!!!
ReplyDeleteLove the hair! You look beautiful! Glad to have a great friend like you:)
ReplyDelete