Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Random Thoughts

I haven't done any random thoughts for a couple of weeks so here's a few :

Be Prepared
This has been on my mind a lot lately and maybe people think I'm paranoid and maybe I am but I think a BIG earthquake is headed our way. First, let me give a little background. Back when I was about five or so we had a MASSIVE earthquake hit California. I remember it very clearly. The house was shaking and my Dad put me and my sister under the kitchen table with our Barbies. I remember playing under the table all day and grabbing on to the table leg for dear life everytime the ground shook. I also remember my mom answering the phone in the MIDDLE of a shake and my Dad asking her why lol. Anyways, ever since then... I have been DEATHLY afraid of them. Anytime we have a shake... and it's at night.. I wake up RIGHT before it happens. Not even kidding you... happens EVERY time. So anyhow... I know an earthquake will hit us... it may be months or years from now but I say better to be prepared than sorry!!!


"If You Can's Say Anything Nice.... Don't Say Anything At All"
How often have you heard that phrase before?? My parents always taught us to be nice to everyone. Granted... it's hard. Sometimes there are people in life who make it really difficult for you to even like them let alone be nice to them. The fact of the matter is though, we should be nice to everyone. I get it when someone is having a bad day and they take it out on someone else... I think we've all been there and we don't mean to but when you go out of your way to not be nice...that's when I have a problem. I've thought about this thought a lot over the years and it's taken a lot of patience to bite my tongue at times but I do it. And I do it because when I'm biting my tongue.. I think... What would Jesus Do? The answer is simple... He would still love them and be nice to them no matter what. I won't go into detail (because it doesn't matter) but recently I've been in a situation(s) where someone or someones have not said kind words. Why that is... I have no idea. I mind my own business and avoid drama.

With God All Things Are Possible....
God really does work in mysterious ways. I believe He loves each and every one of us and I know that He has a plan for me. I like to take time every day and meditate. I think it's good for the soul and it's something I look forward to. Looking back on all the things that have happened in my life, I know I wouldn't be where or who I am today, without God's love and the Gospel in my life. God has a plan for me.... not sure what it is quite yet, but He has a plan. And I believe that as long as live righteously and have faith in Him, that plan will be presented. I was talking with a friend the other night about all the different things I've been dealing with. It was there that I was asked... when will something good happen for me. When will all these trials stop and you can receive true happiness and joy. I responded with, it's okay. God doesn't try us if we aren't capable or ready. And He is with us every step of the way. Apparently God must believe that I can suffer some major stuff and still come out alive.... at least He better because I'm ready for some good times :) I know God loves me and is with me every step of my journey through life. I like to think of the saying "What doesn't kill you...makes you stronger" and I like to think that through the rough times I have and am and will experience... I will be stronger in the long run and I can deal with that. I do have to say that I'm ready for my timing and God's timing to coincide with each other... but He is mysterious and a God of miracles so I truly believe my life has great meaning and purpose and I will find out soon enough what God wants me to do.

Kindness Matters....
I really don't understand why people think that they have the right to put people down or make others feel bad. That's society today though. Everyone has to be bigger and better than everyone else and it drives me crazy!! Most of the time I spend every moment taking the extra precautions to be kind to every one. What I mean is, I think before I say things and lend a hand when I see someone who needs it. I don't put people down because I think I'm better than them (which lets be real, I'm not and that's okay). I'm not just speaking from experience, I'm also speaking from observing others. Wouldn't the world be a better place if we all were more caring and more kind to people? Think about it... and act upon it. Kindness matters and don't you want to be that person that people say..oh they are so kind and caring.. you bet you do, so start acting that way. It's interesting though... have you ever heard when people say that when you treat others with kindness, you receive it in return? I think that's true most of the time but to be honest, lately, I'm not feeling it. Maybe because the stress of the economy and life in general but people don't care like they used to and that makes me sad. Real sad. Kindness matters...remember that.

Patience... is something I need to learn more of.....
I posted on facebook tonight this quote by Dieter F. Uchtdorf: "Patience means active waiting and enduring. It means staying with something and doing all that we can-working, hoping and exercising faith; bearing hardship with fortitude, even when the desires of our hearts are delayed. Patience is not simply enduring; it is enduring well!" .... I definitely need to read that tonight and it was too good not to post. Bearing hardship with fortitude... yeah... I need to do better on that. Patience is something I'm becoming quite attached to...something that has big room for improvement. I need to have Faith that things will work out ... and I do..most of the time :)

Alright... last thought for the evening...
BOOKS!!!
I love books!! I love to read and I love to imagine and create in my mind the stuff the author is telling me about. Absolutely love it. There are few fiction novels I can't find myself getting into... like the newest popular series out... can't even remember the name because I'm really not into it. I wasn't into Twilight at first either. I think I actually like the Harry Potter series better than Twilight but I like both series. Anyhow, I love good reads and don't worry I haven't forgotten about my new years list of books but right now I'm reading fiction novels :) Of course I'm reading a suspense book right now and it's divided into 3 books and of course my mom decided to read book 3 tonight so now I have to wait until she is finished!! I think tomorrow will be an all day chill out reading day for me (with of course a few hours of job applications and such lol). I encourage all to read!! It's awesome!!

So there are my random thoughts for the week. .... you you read all the way to the end... good job!! I mainly do it for journaling purposes and just writing my thoughts in the moment :)

2 comments:

  1. I know you didn't ask for book suggestions, but I will give you my suggestions anyway..."The Help" by Kathryn Stockett - it is really good. It took me a while to get in the swing of things, but it was really good. Also, "The Hunger Games" series. 3 books - pretty simple writing, but I absolutely couldn't put them down. I am re-reading the first book again right now, and it is just as suspenseful the second time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second taylor's comment... I was going to recommend those exact books! the help and the hunger games series are really great!!

    and I agree with you... I really don't understand why people are mean and I especially don't get ones who go out of their way to hurt someone else. life is hard enough, why make it harder for someone else??

    I love your random comments!!!

    ReplyDelete