Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Game Players? I think so.....


So I know that in all my posts about the Biggest Loser I have said that I liked the red team. Let me explain why I said that. First off, from the very beginning, Sarah and Deni were my favorite without a doubt. Sarah's story was so touching and I just loved her attitude and how nice she was to everyone. I was partial to the red team because they took a big risk by going with unknown trainers. Every week they proved that they needed to be there and were losing weight and I was proud of that. Now let me say that while I think the term "family" is important, I don't think that term goes along with game playing and sadly, that's what it's come down to with the Red team. They aren't willing to look at the bigger picture and that to me is the WORST part. If you watched this last episode you know exactly what I mean. Every week I start liking the black team more. I didn't like Marci and Courtney at first but now I love them. I love all the girls on the black team (although Sarah is still my favorite) and I think that they have a strong determination to lose the weight they need to in order to be healthy. I think Marci is great at influencing them and being the glue that holds their team together. I think the Black team understands that this isn't all about competition, it's about weight loss and having a healthy life. 


This week they all ran a 5k and had to pick which trainers to have and it was all based on the order then came in at the 5k. I was really frustrated that Sarah was just walking the whole thing but towards the end she said that she didn't want to choose. She's had all four trainers and why should she choose. She just wanted someone to do it for her. And that's what would happen if she came in last. I was really irritated with Justin when he kept telling her that if she lost and was on the Red team, she would probably be going home. Ken also said the same thing and I was mad. Come on now... but it was good because Sarah picked up her pace and in the end beat Arthur. Sadly, Arthur went to the red team. I think this was karma because if he hadn't switched Jen and Jay with Sarah and Deni, things would've been different I think. Jen was mad and wanted to go back to black and that's what she did. Sarah chose black because she wanted to out of her comfort zone and I think it was the best thing for her. Black team won the weigh in this week which was awesome because it was all girls. Go Black team! Sadly Red team did not and this is where it became a game rather than a journey for a better life. I've never seen Jillian so upset, well maybe a few times but she was clearly upset because the red team has this "alliance" or "family" and so yeah Arthur would be voted off. Bob said the most amazing things that I would've thought that the red team would have really took into consideration but did they? Nope... they voted Arthur off. I think that was the worst game playing decision I have seen yet. Arthur is doing good at home though so that's a plus. I am looking forward to seeing him at the finale. Personally next week I would like to see Kaylee go. She is not losing much weight because she is so close to goal and that's great. She doesn't need to be on the ranch anymore. 


Anyways.... I don't like the game playing. I like the friendly competition during the challenges but I feel like the Red team is not looking at the bigger picture. Sad for them...that's their loss. Part of me wonders if it's their trainers too.  I'm all for Black team now. I want the Red team to go home. I know...totally switched but I don't like the game playing. And has anyone noticed that on most of the recent episodes, Jillian has been missing... they don't tape her comments or anything. I wonder if they're prepping us all for next season or what. I love her, she is my favorite and I'm sad this is her last season. Alright...enough of the Biggest Loser... I will post some good recipes tomorrow (or later tonight!) that I've come to LOVE :) And .... I ran 2.5 miles today which I know may not sound like wow... but considering since I've been sick and only walking ...running felt good today :) Can't wait to do it again tomorrow. 






P.S. Thank you to all of you who have told me you love reading my blog. And all your lovely comments :) You guys are truly the amazing ones!

2 comments:

  1. I was a big ol' bawl baby this morning when I watched The Biggest Loser. I was so sad when Arthur finished the 5K last, even though he was doing his best. I am so excited to see him on the finale.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have liked the black team from the beginning, but I also love that Sarah is on the team now. And yes, it was kind of pathetic that Arthur got sent home. But he seems to be doing good at home. Did you know Sarah, Deni, Justin, Rulon, Moses, and Kaylee are all LDS?? Crazy! I loved that everyone got to go home this week and I was a crybaby too!

    ReplyDelete