So I finally have a kitchen back and have been making some good stuff!!! I want to share some recipes with you that I absolutely LOVE!!
(Carissa if you read this... yes not the healthiest recipes but in moderation...definitely worth it! love you! xoxo)
Ritz Chicken
6 Chicken Breast halves
1/2 cup milk
2 eggs ( I use egg whites)
2 rolls of Ritz crackers crushed (maybe three... I've only used this recipe for 4 chicken but there is plenty of the Ritz so I would stick with two!)
1/2 cup Butter (melted)
paprika to taste
Wash and pat dry chicken. Mix the milk and eggs until smooth. Put the Ritz crackers in a shallow bowl. Dip the chicken in the milk/egg mixture and then in the crackers. Place in a baking pan (that is greased--- I use olive oil spray). Drizzle butter over the top and sprinkle with paprika. Bake at 350 for 1 hour.
**I use only about 1/4 of the butter. The crackers already have enough butter in them so you really don't need a lot extra. I also would season your chicken before you use it. We have some pre-packaged already seasoned chicken so I skip that step but you definitely want some seasoning for the chicken besides the paprika so use whatever your family likes best! Definitely one of my favorites now and it's not even that unhealthy (I don't use a ton of Ritz crackers so I think that's I say it's healthy haha). Pair with some vegetables and voila... you have a main course! Enjoy! ***
Chocolate Chip Cookies
3 sticks of softened butter
4 eggs
3 cups Brown Sugar
1 cup White Sugar
1 T. Vanilla
Blend together until well mixed and smooth. Then add:
5 cups White Flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 tsp. salt
3 cups chocolate chips
Bake at 350 for 8 minutes
**First of all, I know all of you are like WOW three sticks of butter.... crazy I know but this recipe is AMAZING! Also, I divided the cookie dough in half and half was all chocolate chips and then the other half I mixed in peanut butter chocolate chips. Do whatever suits you best though! I also like to stick my dough in the fridge for a couple of hours before using. I find that makes it better, why I have no idea but that's how I do it. Maybe because it's easier to roll it into balls or just makes me think it's like the prepackaged...whatever the case, these cookies are awesome! Enjoy!! ***
Sticking the dough in the freezer helps because the fat solidifies, doesn't melt as quickly in the oven, and so as the eggs cook, they hold their shape/texture better.
ReplyDeleteI'll have to try these!