So I posted this a few days ago on facebook and I want to explain why. First off, I wasn't going to blog about it but I think that writing it down for others to see and relate to might be of some use and if not then, at least I'm writing it down for posterity :) This is what I wrote:
"It's interesting how life works sometimes. When we go through something we have people around us who have experienced it before to help us get through it. It's hard to understand how life works someways but it's amazing how it works out to where we help each other get through it. Life isn't always easy and it's good to know we have friends and love ones to get us through each day! "
Now you are probably wondering why I wrote it, and if you aren't wondering than you probably shouldn't read this haha. A few weeks ago a friend of mine had texted me about her Dad who has now been diagnosed with cancer. I was so sad for her and her family but I was grateful that they are members of church and know about life after death. (If you would like to know more about what we believe go to mormon.org or click on my temple picture to the right) They are strong and I know they will get through it just like I did. For those of you who don't know..which is a very small number, my Dad passed away almost two years ago from cancer as well. I will probably blog about that story, how I got through it and how I still get through every day but that's not what I'm blogging about today :)
Today it's about how life works and how interesting things in life happen. God has a purpose for each and every one of us and while we don't necessarily know exactly what that plan is, God is with us every step of the way. I never expected to experience what I experienced and what I went through and still go through. And I certainly never thought I would be the one that would be able to help lend a hand to a friend who is now experiencing the same thing, one of my great friends who helped me get through my ordeal two years ago, even though she hadn't experienced what I was going through until now. It's so awesome to know what great friends we have to help us get through the hard times. I don't think there have been many times in my life where I have been one of the few who actually understands what someone else is going through. Mainly because I've experienced different things. It can be hard at times not knowing EXACTLY how another person you love feels and you want to help so bad and say the right things. I think the IMPORTANT thing though is being a friend to them when they need it most. The rest doesn't really matter. I am grateful for the friends who got me through the tough times and still continue to do so and I am grateful that I can be one of those friends back!
It really is interesting how life works out and how in some moments, the right person is placed into your life for a reason. We are all here to help each other and I am so blessed with great friends and family! I'm grateful that I know what my friend is going through so I can help her like she and others helped me in many ways years ago. Life isn't always easy but it's worth it, especially when you have GREAT people around you to help you every step of the way!! I love you all!!
No comments:
Post a Comment