Saturday, April 9, 2011

It's officially Baseball Season!!!

Baseball season has started!! Officially it started last week but oh well.... I'm blogging about it this week haha :)
For National Little League, Bret had opening ceremonies last week AND and 8 AM game. Yeah um... let's just say I'm not a fan of the early games. Not a morning person so it was hard to even get up and go. I got stuck in charge of opening ceremonies and it was good. Last year, Chip Greene started a new award for Volunteers in the community that help with baseball. It's called the Lynn Thompson Volunteer award :) Chip gave a wonderful speech about my Dad and the service my Dad gave to the community and to the players. It was beautiful. I have it on video somewhere.. I will try to find it. Anyhow, last year LeAnn our next door neighbor and friend received the award. This year it was Bret's coach Greg Stuart. Greg has coached Bret now for three years and is amazing! He started coaching Bret when my Dad was already sick and so it was nice to have another father figure around to help Bret out with baseball. Greg and his wife Jamie came to the funeral and have always been there for Bret and for the rest of us. I absolutely love them!!!  I'm SO glad Bret was able to be on Greg's team again. Go Dodgers!!! (Don't worry I like both the Dodgers and the Angels lol).
This is us with Chip and LeAnn from last year with the FIRST Lynn Thompson Volunteer Award :)

No comments:

Post a Comment