Saturday, April 30, 2011

Birthdays Birthdays Birthdays.... April 30th must be some special day



So I have 4 friends with a birthday today and one tomorrow!! Crazy huh! April 30th must be the day to be born! haha... not actually July is the perfect month ;)


Anyhow. This is Dean. He is from Taiwan and is here going to school for physical therapy at Loma Linda University. He has NEVER had birthday presents before for his birthday and he told me that birthday cake was unheard of in Taiwan. He said that he remembers his Dad bringing a cake to elementary school like once or twice but it's not usually done a lot. So my friend JJ decided that he wanted to throw Dean a party with presents and I agreed to help so we threw together this bowling party for him and it was so much fun! By the way, this friend, JJ it's his birthday today too (and also Don's and my other friend Marks!) but he didn't want a lot of people to know but somehow word got out... it wasn't me... but secretly I think he liked the fact that people wished him a Happy Birthday too, who wouldn't! :) He did still stay under the spotlight though for the most part and let Dean have his Happy Day :) It was priceless seeing Dean open his gifts. It was so fun to see how excited he got for each and every one. All day I kept asking him if it was his best birthday ever and at the end of the night, he said yes it has been!! Good...mission accomplished :)  Here are photos of our fun group and bowling :) I apologize if they are blurry.... the lighting was bad and it was cosmic bowling so it was dark and smokey with those fog machines lol


Eric, Don (birthday boy as well), Tara and Me... all watching the score of someone haha...gotta love random photos!

Aaron getting ready to bowl

Bogh watching his ball hit some of the pins...not all of them ;) 

Mikey and Em

Elyse and Joseph

This is the only picture of the two of us who put the party together... JJ must've been watching someone get a strike or something instead of the camera lol

Tara and Me :)

Dean, Mike, Tara and Me 

Aaron and Em

Dean and Shelby

I just love the randomness of this one so I thought I would share haha
Sister Brice, Emily, JJ and Jonathan

The cake :)

This is the video of us singing to Dean. He started taking candles off because JJ put too many on haha it was so funny!! 

1 comment:

  1. I think it's funny that if you are a Bogh, your name becomes Bogh or Boghie. Our parents should have just named all of us Bogh. No need for a first name... ;)

    ReplyDelete