Saturday, April 30, 2011

Mormon Helping Hands Community Service Project

Every year at the end of April (well I think it started last year but oh well)... the churches in all the communities come together and do a service project. Last year it was at the park, where our ward was in charge of re-doing a roof of a bathroom. This year we redid Redlands Blvd median and it was a lot of work but it was fun! There were so many people of different faith there along with the Redlands stake and it was just a perfect day to do service. The temperature was just right and we actually finished really early (about 10-1030ish) and lunch wasn't supposed to be until 12 but they served it to us early haha :) It always feels good to do service and give back to the community so I was happy I was able to participate. I wish I had worn my pedometer because I think I walked like 10 miles (no not really but I did a TON of walking) I definitely got my exercise in for the day haha :) Here are some photos of all our service :)
Joseph starting to plant 

Matt hard at work

Chelsea and I

Me with Steph and Justine

Svea and Emily

My awesome Bishop who was in charge of a BIG portion of this project

JJ moving rocks

Bogh hard at work raking mulch

Me and Elyse
Nicole hard at work :)

Awesome Elders
Skaggs, Shaw, Preator, Larsen, Gilbert
(at least I hope that's Elder Skaggs haha) Sadly I cut out our other missionary but no worries there will be more service opportunities I'm sure to capture him.

No comments:

Post a Comment