Okay so I have to admit that I need to be better at exercising. I was on a roll at the beginning of the year but then I got sick and then I didn't have the energy and then... yep the list goes on and on and on. Kind of embarrassing I'm admitting all this but oh well. I've been eating pretty healthy which is way good for me but there are still a few days when I slip up and eat something that totally isn't good for me. I actually added an app on my iPod that counts the calories and calculates how many calories I have when I exercise too. It's pretty accurate and since I've started using it, I'm even more self conscious about what I'm putting into my body. I have actually started to consider going gluten free. I think I have a wheat intolerance which runs in the family. It's hard to actually go gluten free since the rest of the family isn't. I keep telling myself I will when I move out and have a place of my own. Yeah right... that will be in like forever and old habits die hard.
I figure it's the beginning of April so if I make myself work out 4-5 times weekly by the end of May, I should be at my goal weight. The problem is, I hate working out. I hate getting sweaty and while sometimes I like running, it's not something I LOVE doing every day. It was easier when Emily and I went to the gym 3 days a week and worked out together. That was almost 3 years ago. I had to quit the gym to save money for school and I never had the time anyways because I was always studying or at school. I most definitely have the time now, so I need to do something about it. I have a gym membership now but I find myself not wanting to go because I don't like to do it alone. Suck it up! That's what I have to keep telling myself. Go and workout and it will all be good.
I guess I'm just writing this down for motivation and I feel like if I blog about it, I'm more likely to do it because people will ask me or help me (I hope) to get motivated. So my question is, what has worked for you? I need all the advice I can get. I'm eating better so that's not really the issue and I'm not big into detox diets or anything else for that matter. I know what to eat and portion size and control, it's the exercise that's the problem. I figure if the contestants on the biggest loser can lose pounds in a matter of weeks, so can I. Not that I have ALOT to lose but I definitely need to tone up and trim the pounds I gained in school. I mean afterall... school is over so all the weight can come off :) I'm anxious to hear what has worked for you and what keeps you motivated!! Anybody want to be my motivational buddy too?? haha let me know!! :)
Weight Watchers really worked for me to lose the baby weight, and when that was gone, I even lost my "married weight." Now, all I have left is my "engaged weight." :) I like it, because if I want to have a treat, I can have a treat, I just have to watch what I eat the rest of the day. Also, it helps me to eat a lot of fruits and veggies, since they are 0 points. I don't like the fact that it costs $30 every month - but, I do like tracking my stuff online.
ReplyDeleteAlso, I love Jillian's 30-Day Shred. 20 minutes long, and you can do it at home. I have seen major results.
I will be your motivation buddy! all the traveling for the past few weeks hasn't helped me much!! and gluten intolerance is definitely something that I think runs in our family!
ReplyDeletegood for you to get to your goal weight by the end of may, I'd love for that to happen for me too! so being buddies would be awesome!
the only advice I have is that you can't expect the same results as the people on biggest loser for several reasons. 1- they ONLY have working out to focus on, no work, no job hunting, no family or relationships. 2- they have trainers working with them constantly. 3- they have a LOT of weight to lose. if you think about it, 7 pounds when you need to lose 120 is 5.8% so if you only need to lose 20, the equivalent is 1.16lbs/week. helps to keep things in perspective =)
We should keep each other accountable! Goooooooo TEAM THOMPSON!
ReplyDeleteSomething that helps me too is to have other physical goals than weight loss. For example, trying to be able to do a certain number of pushups in a row, or run a certain distance under a time. Stuff like that helps me to work harder and want to improve.
Woo hoo!! Let's get ready for summer!! I agree with Melissa that kind of motivation keeps me going better than weight loss. Currently I am trying to get to the point where I can do ten real push ups! I can do thirty girl push ups, not the real kind though.
ReplyDeleteLove ya girl!