So I was re-reading some of my posts that I've made the past couple of weeks and I realized that some of them might come off as pessimistic or me sounding like I'm not grateful for what I have. I've been writing a lot about job hunting and I want to apologize to all of you because I know that some, if not all of you have been in the same boat so I don't want to sound like "Oh woe is me" because that's not really how I feel. I feel like job hunting is tired and emotionally draining at times and I feel for ALL of us, not just myself because we all have to experience this at some point in time (if not then you are one of the lucky ones!). The important thing is that we all keep a smile on our faces and just live life to fullest in the meantime :)
Today was such a great day at church. The talks were great (and humorous) and the lessons were really fantastic. In Relief Society we talked about Gratitude and Sister Hull made a great comment about how we all need to have "An Attitude of Gratitude". I just love that! I try to do that every day and stay upbeat and positive and I hope you all do the same. Even in the rough times, we can still have an attitude of Gratitude and remember to give thanks often. I think sometimes we forget about how good we really have it and take for granted the little things. In November, I did a Month of Thanks and I challenged all my friends on Facebook to do it as well. Only a few took up the challenge but that's okay I know it's not for everyone but I loved reading the posts of thanks from the ones that did. If you really think about it, how often to we say thank you? or what we are grateful for? I think it's always at the back of our minds but we don't really show or say it all that often.
Alright, enough of my rambling on about nonsense. I feel like it will be a great week and I challenge us all to have an Attitude of Gratitude this week :) Hopefully I will get around to posting the Before and After pictures of the remodel too so stay tuned!! :)
It's funny you were thinking this yesterday because I was having the same type thoughts. My wake-up call came before church in Ward Council. My bishop always gives some thoughts to the group before we get started and yesterday he took a long pause, and stated his topic was happiness. He told us it was our obligation to be happy, because happy people make the world a better place. How simple yet profound! Anyway, I love your attitude and hopefully I'll be able to copy the attitude of gratitude!
ReplyDelete