Monday, January 17, 2011

I Have a Dream...

  I have a dream....Who would’ve thought those four words would be famous someday. When I googled MLK there was a TON of stuff. This man made a HUGE impact and he most definitely deserves his own holiday. He was an activist and he was a big advocate of civil rights. This man had a dream and he shared it with hundreds of people. I can’t even imagine what it was like for him back then but I imagine it was pretty hard. People are cruel and even though it’s years later, people can still be cruel, unfair and unjust. Martin Luther King spoke about how he had a dream for his children to not be judged by the color of their skin but rather by their character. He also said, “I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: 'We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal.'" I just love that. That one day we will rise up and live out the true meaning... All men are created equal...so why is it we don’t treat people like that? Even in today’s society it’s whoever has more money, better shoes, better car, etc. We are all equal. Me, you, everyone. It doesn’t matter what job we have or what we look like. We are God’s children and we are ALL equal. 

“I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word in reality. This is why right, temporarily defeated, is stronger than evil triumphant.” 
Martin Luther King, Jr. 


Did you know that MLK was the second most admired person in the 20th century? I bet it’s because he stood up and pronounced his dream for this country, his children and his people. At the young age of 39 this man was assassinated. How sad is that? And only two months later Robert F. Kennedy was assassinated. It made me sad at the fact that so many influential people have been assassinated. Martin Luther King, Jr. had a dream, he shared it with people, and then passed away at a young age in part because of it. His dream lives on and today we honor him and what he did for America and for you and me. I have a dream that we will all be treated equal. I have a dream that my family and other’s can have good health. I have a dream that when I stand before God I can say without a doubt in my mind that I did my best and treated everyone with respect. What are your dreams?


No comments:

Post a Comment