See this beautiful girl? It's her birthday today and it's hard to believe another year has passed by! I remember when her mom told me she was pregnant with her. We were at Youth Conference and it was a campout and Jake and Emily were leaders of a group. It was cold and rainy so all of us girls went back to the church and slept in the cultural hall. There, lying in my sleeping bag and talking with Em, was I told that she was expecting. I was SO excited and couldn't wait to meet the new Jackson addition.
Now, here she is all grown up and celebrating another birthday and it's the first time since she was born that I am not with her on her birthday. I missed Kara cute's too (didn't blog about her birthday but don't worry I'll do a special Kara post in the future and next year will be double special!). It's a mix of emotions for me today. These girls mean the world to me (well the whole family does) but these girls I share a close bond with. I like to call them my nieces since I don't have any yet and Em is practically family so it's okay right? I think so. Elissa is growing up and while it's fun to see her learn new things, I just want her to stay the little girl she's always been. Now she is learning all about Texas and how to say "y'all" like a true Texan :) She is funny, smart, creative and beautiful and I just love her! Elissa: I miss Daddy, he needs to come home from work soon so I can see him!
Me: Don't worry he will be home soon and he can't wait to see you!
Elissa: (quietly I might add) Your daddy is in heaven now right?
Me: (I shut my eyes, took a deep breath and replied) Yes, he is Heaven
Elissa: Don't worry, your Daddy loves you and is with Jesus
Even though I can't remember exactly how it was, it went something along those lines and it was a very precious moment between the two of us and is one I will never forget. I will always love this little girl and her words of wisdom and love.
On facebook last year I had posted a status about how Elissa had remembered this one time I took the girls to my friends house to help her pack up before she moved. Elissa was telling me and Em how much fun she had had there playing with all the toys and how we brought some fun stuff home. I had totally forgotten about that and so I asked her to describe the day so I could remember. She did, and described...to the tee who we were with, where it was at. It took me like an hour to remember but she was so detail oriented it would've been hard not to figure it out. Funny how a six, now seven year old can remember stuff like that! I wish I was seven again! I love this girl with all my heart and I hope she has the very best birthday!
HAPPY 7TH BIRTHDAY ELISSA!!!
Love,
Aunt Kati :)
And also Happy Birthday to Kristi who was my other mom during nursing school! You are the best!!! Today is a great day to have a Birthday!

Oh How Sweet!! Elissa just loved this post, She can not even stand it she misses you so bad! But not as much as me!! ;-) The part about your dad made me cry, what a tender thing for her to say!
ReplyDeleteSo cute!!
We love you Aunt Kati!!