Friday, January 14, 2011

Recipes Anyone??

As most of you know we did a remodel downstairs. While most of it is finally done, there are still a few touch ups left and then it will be complete...finally! Anyhow, the week after Christmas we had some windy, stormy weather and had a power outage. Didn't think anything of it until we tried to use the oven which, surprise surprise is broken. It's brand new! So I call the guy from the company, he sends out the parts and then we have this other company come to fix it (a company I did not like one bit, rather rude). Anyhow, apparently we were sent the wrong parts and so now we have to wait until new parts are shipped in order to have our oven completely fixed. Thank goodness we can use the stove top, otherwise I would go crazy!! Anyways, the reason I'm telling (well actually writing) this is because I'm running out of Crockpot recipe ideas and stove top recipes as well. Having soup, tacos, and pasta are getting a little old. I'm all for trying new stuff so if you have any good recipes will you PLEASE send them my way. Don't ever take your oven for granted! And I'll share a few of my recipes on here once I get them typed up :) And don't worry I haven't forgotten about posting pictures of the remodel. Maybe by this weekend they will be up :)

And on a happier note, Cafe Rio just opened in Redlands!! So excited! Although I think Chipotle is still my favorite but maybe they're tied... I'm excited to go eat there soon!! Have a fabulous weekend!! Love you all!

1 comment:

  1. Here's a great recipe - not the healthiest...but so tasty!

    Put 1/2 c. melted butter, 1 package italian salad dressing mix, and 4-6 chicken breasts in a crockpot over low heat for 4-6 hours.

    Shred/cut up chicken, add 1 1/2 bricks of cream cheese, 2 cans cream of mushroom soup, 1/2 cup of milk. Warm over low heat for 30 minutes.

    Serve over rice or noodles - Drew and I like rice.

    ReplyDelete